cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Repair process be handled in SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Requirement: We need to build Repair process in SD module however those repaired materials are not manufactured in our SAP plant but they are manufactured and sold outside of SAP. Following is what we have planned to do in SAP.

1) Create the custom order in SAP SD with the Repaired material .

2) Do the Goods receipt of Repaired material with reference to the order . Such that those material stocks are customer owned stocks and this means when posting it should not add the values to the stocks. (Non Valuated)

3)The Customer order should initiate the Rework order to PP. The rework order should use the components for repairing and should book the cost associated for the Repaired item.

4) The Rework order should updated the component and cost to the custom order.

5) Delivery should be created with the repaired item and components and sent to customer

6) Billing to the customer.

I have read through some of the discussions related to CS Module in configuring this process and find my questions below

1) Can this functionality be done only in SD module. If so explain what needs to be done.

2) What is the movement type used to do the GR with reference to the sales order but with no value.

3) What should be trigger point to initiate the Rework or service order to PP to start the repair.

4) How the components and cost can be brought in the custom order.

Thanks and Regards

CB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vijay_padmaraja
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Bala,

First of all I am curious why you would not want to try the process suggested by Mr.Raj. But if you insist in incorporating the process, these are the steps:

1. Sale order must be against the a material with MRP type (Repair, preferably FERT material type)

2. The Repair material should be a Production BOM with the externally procured material you were referring to, this material can be a ROH Material Type and obtained using the 561 movement type through MB1C T-code but will not be against sale order (If you insist it should be against sale order, let me know)

3. Based on the pre-existing standard plant, storage location, sales area, shipping point the delivery can be created, against whichPGI and billing can be done using standard methods.

I hope I have answered your question.

Regards,

Vijay

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

you can use SD process to map repair process. But disadvantage of using SD for repair is

you have to use fixed price for service/repair done and not Actuals

for example, if you have taken some material into the plant using Return delivery to perform some repair. using CS you can create Service Order and Plan services and can create a quotation for planned services . If customer accepts that quotation you can perform actual service with actual hours of work and materials

the above method is not available in the standard SD

3) What should be trigger point to initiate the Rework or service order to PP to start the repair.

why you need to trigger service order from PP ? here you mean PP as Production Planning or something different ?can you give a bit more information

4) How the components and cost can be brought in the custom order.

as i said, using SD you can get this into sales order, through service order and Dynamic items it can be brought into the sales order

hope it is clear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

I mean PP means the production planning. I would like to know how the Components used to repair the products in the service order can be brought into the Repair request order and delivered.

Thanks and regards

Balachandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please follow the process followed in the below thread for the Repair Processing:

Returns and Repair Processing - Code Exchange - SCN Wiki

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for your valuable inputs and I also thank Santosh and Vijay on their replies.

In case I am taking the solution  to CS module,

1) I need to know whether I need to use the RA or RAS order type. Basically what is the difference.

2) More over I need to bring the components in the Service orders to be delivered along with the Repaired box in my delivery document.

3) What is the standard pricing for this RA and RAS order type. In the pricing which element would carry the actual cost.

4) Do I need to configure any DIP profile for the invoicing.

Thanks and regards

Balachandar