cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we connect another system say SRM,BI with persona(without add on)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have installed SAP Screen Persona's in one my  ECC system ,so can I connect the sap persona's to other landscape system for  ex  SRM ,BI etc without installing any add on it ?As in same ECC system one system we can take main system and other as target system so can i take a SRM system as target and persona's will work on it.Kindly clarify  Sushant Priyadarshi   any comments.

Thanx

Niti

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly clarify my doubt with a proper document if you have any,so that I can go ahead and work on it.

Regards

Niti

Former Member
0 Kudos

After all the comments above, what doubts do you still have? The config guide explains how to set this up. What more do you need to know?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niti,

In config guide for Persona 2.0 under the section maintained system SAP has clearly mentioned that you can make your one system for ex (ECC) as a source system and then connect your other system as a target by maintaining logical system in SPRO only prerequisite should be your SAP kernal should be 7.21 or 7.40 or higher

Follow the procedure for the SPRO configuration and after that just do the below configuration

Maintain the following parameters under System Settings:

o Service.Uri – Maintain the service name for accessing SAP Screen Personas

here. The default service is /restgui.

o Server.Url – Maintain the server link for the system here. For example:

https://ldfss600.pal.ess.corp:50015

Go thorugh the config guide for detailed steps by clicking below link

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguides

Regards,

Prasad Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I  know how to configure persona's as I have already installed and configured it, my doubt is totally different.

Regards

Niti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the below link they have clearly mentioned that it is only supported for dynpro applications and it is not supported for SRM,CRM and partially supported for SCM where dynpro screen is used.

Check the compatibility chart

Regards,

Prasad Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

My question was not that whether it is compatible or not.My question is suppose it works for SCM

(for some application) then can we work on SCM without installing any Add ON in SCM landscape just by taking it as target system and main system as ECC system(where Add ON is installed).

Thank you

Niti

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Niti,

As far as I know, for an Add-on, when installed on a system and it's scope is limited on that system only.

You might use Add-on supported functionality from other systems.

Regards,

Divyanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can. The Personas add-in only needs to be installed in one system, and you can then connect from that system to other compatible systems. All systems need to be running an appropriate kernel (7.21 or better) but only one system needs the add-in.

I don't know of anyone that runs the system live this way, but it is possible.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve ,

Do we have any document of sap stating these .Also do you mean I just have to take SCM system as target system and configure target system settings only rest we can take it from main system.Could you please clarify that persona's architecture that is server based (DEV,QA,PRD) or Landscape based .For example Fiori has landscape wise architecture.

Regards

Niti

Former Member
0 Kudos

The details of how to do this are in the config guide. Just add the extra systems in the IMG as you do the host system, and give users appropriate permissions for those systems. The personas system with the add-in then acts as a front end client for the others. You connect to the personas host, and from there to whichever target system you need.

As I said, this feature isn't widely used.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

If Dev will be made Main system from Persona perspective – It means all users from Prod / QC / Dev will first access the dev and then will be redirected to respective system,then development system will consume lot of memory and its processing will become slow.All the load will come on one system.Is it correct?

Regards

Niti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divyansh,

But some Add ON like Fiori works in landscape architecture . We need to know about personas in these way.Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this configuration, there is increased load on the host system, yes, but not a lot. The flavours and scripts are stored in the one host and have to be retrieved from there, and all users first login to the host system. The main communication, though, is between the client in the browser and the target system. I haven't studied this configuration carefully, but I would expect to need some extra resource in the host system but not a huge amount.

Steve.

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For that I have seen and so, wrote my last line.