cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waste and Recycling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I was thinking about those companies who's whole job is to take chemical wastes and try to process them either to produce recycled products, or to dispose the processed material in a proper way.

So, is there any solution for this type of industries, and is it really considered as production ??

your opinions are highly appreciated.

Thank you,

A.shafei

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Neelima,

The whole problem is in the settlement, if I make an empty order, I cant settle it manually on a material.

I'll try to use an empty BOM for one of the coproducts and execute the process in case we have no output and in the other case if we have more than one output...

I'll test it and get back with the final solution.

Thank you,

Shafei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

To my knowledge, any Industry if it is performing activity either to produce a useful product from scrap or processing a waste material for disposal,it needs to follow one or the other process. Which definitely comes under manufacturing process only and also some cost will be incurred in that process.

Regards

Neelima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Neelima,

I thought about this too, however I faced some issues,

First, the whole trigger to the process is a service sales order.

Second, we start a sequence of operations that has costs, but we don't know what it will produce till after the process, in other words, there's no  BOM here. so how can we make a sales order like this trigger process which we don't have complete data about its quantities.

Thank you

A.Shafei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

One thing if there is no standard master data and even the end product is not known. Then you can only proceed with materials and recipes to be added while processing of process order.

Can you share the business requirement with more clarity.

Regards

Neelima

Former Member
0 Kudos

No prolem Mr. Neelima,

we're a recycling company, we receive orders from customers to dispose or recycle materials, then we receive the materials into our stock to start working on it later.

we start processing the received material, the result can be a usable material, or a material that is safe for disposal.

If we were able to produce a usable product, we can give it back to customer, or sell it as one of our products.

we know the sequence of operations that we have to do, but the problem is that we don't know for sure any information about quantities or materials.

I hope it's more clear now.

Thank you

A.Shafei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shafei,

First of all, I am not Mr. Neelima.

In your scenario, operations are known but quantities and materials are not known, so proceed with out standard BOM and add materials as and when required. If you get output product then declare it or if output product is not produced then close the order with GI done for used materials. So that you will get the cost of the manufacturing process also, even if the output is not received.

Regards

Neelima