cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Vendor without Business Partner through MDGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can it poosible to create only vendors and not business partners in ECC from MDGS?  I know we can create vendors in MDGS but also creates BP in BUT000 after approval. I want only vendors to be created in LF* tables and no entiry in BP releated tables table..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The long-term direction of SAP solutions is to utilize BP object. You can see it being used everywhere in newer releases and products. So, my first recommendation would be not to try to avoid BP but rather to embrace it (with its difficulties and challenges) and learn how to deal with it.

Having said that, creating a vendor without a BP in a co-deployed system is not possible. You have to create both objects. When you implement a hub, then, yes, you can send only vendors to your target system using IDOC CREMAS and ADRMAS. You will need to treat it just like any regular ALE interface.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

I understand but my client want to send only vendor to Taget system. Fortunaely we are using standalone deployment option and having one question as BP is re use mode it stores active data into ECC target tables after approval using SOA services.Then How we are supposed to use ALE also? as BP is already created in target database table using SOA.Or you mean to say that for Standalone option even active data remains in MDG active area even though it is reuse mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How you replicate is up to you. SAP does not force you to use SOA. SOA is an excellent option to send everything to the target system if you need everything. In your case, just use a regular ALE interface that sends vendors without the BP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah

Do you  mean in case of REUSE mode we can select replication method SOA or ALE?

As BP is replicated to target automatically using SOA after CR approval and no manual replication is required in this case. Please correct me if am wrong.

If we can select replication method also in case for automatic replication also then why is is not possible in co deployment mode as logically we are making changes in replication method only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replication is done after the data is moved to the active area. In co-deployment, the active area is the application layer. You replicate (to target systems) after activation. So, by the time you replicate, the data has already been moved to the application tables in the co-deployed system.

You need to understand the concept of active area: re-use vs flex mode.

Again, if you want to replicate vendors only without BP to other systems, use ALE without DRF. You could technically use DRF but that might be complicating it too much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdullah,

Please clarify the following doubts.

"Replication is done after the data is moved to the active area". here active area means the active area of MDG??replication moves the data from the active area of MDG to the tables of ECC in case of BP data model right?.

Also in the case of co-deployment we still need to replicate from the application tables in the co-deployed system to target system?

Thanks & Regards,

Ibrahim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question is different. You should create a new question (you can always add a reference to this post to explain your question if you like).

Answers (0)