Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Different inbound delivery type?

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

In the goods receipts process we currently are using the standard inbound delivery type "EL" with the standard item category ELN, which is not "Relevant for putaway".

We are assessing the possibility of start using WM in one of our plants. So, I found out that the we should be using a item category (in the inbound delivery) with the field "Relevant for putaway" flagged. Like, for example, the standard WIDN (maybe together with the standard inbound delivery type WID). But only at those plants with WM!

The issue is that as far as I know the inbound delivery type determination depends on the "Internal Confirmation Categories":

So for the type "2 Shipping Notification" only one delivery type can be chosen, how are we suppose to do it plant dependent?

It looks like a unique delivery type should be used in the client?

Thanks in advanced,

Fortian

P.S.: I already read SAP notes 214604 & 201655 but they are not being helpful so far... Maybe I'm missing something.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Petepall
Contributor
0 Kudos

From your post I understand that the current plants are IM managed.

So for these plants the put away relevancy will not have any effect so if you enable the put away relevancy for the EL delivery type there will be no impact on the IM plants and for the WM plant the put away will be relevant.

Now the usage of the put away relevancy will also depend on which transaction you are using for posting a goods receipt. If you post via VL32N then you will first have to perform the put away step and then the GR posting. If you use the MIGO/MIGO_GR transaction then the goods receipt in WM will also be posted before the put away happens.

fortian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.

I thought that the inbound deliveries would always have the status "A - For putway" and thus they would always appear in the list of deliveries to putaway but they aren't! I just test it.

Regards,

Fortian

Answers (0)