cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel OVS call, avoid opening the search window

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a little problem: I have an OVS which works fine, but I need to check some input fields for correct values. If the values are not ok I'd like to display a message instead of opening the popup. The checks and the message are no problem, but is it possible to cancel the OVS without opening a popup?

I haven't found any method which seems to help...

Regards, Nils.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hi Ramganesan,

as written in my first post my OVS is running. My problem is not to get data, I'm looking if it is possible to do some checks before opening the popup and if the checks fail not to open the popup, i.e. I need values from ABAP but I want to limit the search to a period of maximum two years. So I have two date fields. The user may enter 2000/01/01 and 2007/01/01, so the values are ok. But the period is to long. And as far as I know I don't get informed from the WebDynpro if a user enters the two dates and clicks on an OVS helper. Clicking the OVS helper button will immediately call the applyInputValues method.

Is there a chance to intercept this call? Or have I to write my own popup?

Regards, Nils.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nils,

First, you may not write your own pop-up in WD Java

Second, it' impossible to intercept OVC invocation

What I'd like to suggest is:

Place filter by date range into OVS (if you didn't this already). In onQuery method check entered values and either execute query or report warning message via IWDMessageManager to user that range is too big and left query results empty.

Valery Silaev

SaM Solutions

http://www.sam-solutions.net

0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

> First, you may not write your own pop-up in WD Java

> Second, it' impossible to intercept OVC invocation

> What I'd like to suggest is:

> Place filter by date range into OVS (if you didn't

> this already). In onQuery method check entered values

> and either execute query or report warning message

> via IWDMessageManager to user that range is too big

> and left query results empty.

At the moment I do not execute the query but display a message. But it would be nice to show a message without the usesless popup (in fact the query is not executed so the popup can not be used).

Thanks & regards, Nils.

Answers (0)