cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make a request to servlet which is in java

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi to all i need an application to make a request from SAP portal to a java servlet which is executing on tomcat server .

i don't no any thing about sap and its portals. i am working in java.

that's i request you all to send me complete application to fit for our application. also how configuration steps to do that..?..

thanking you

yours Nagendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nagendra,

If you need to keep your Servlet running on Tomcat seperate from the Portal server, rather than deploying your Servlet on the Portal, you could create an AppIntegrator iView and a System Definition.

The System Definition is a set of properties about your Tomcat system, e.g. hostname, port, path etc. which allows you to define these values once and make them common to all your portal content.

The AppIntegrator iView is a type of iView that allows you to reference a System Definition and use its properties in an expression to build a URL.

You would use the hostname, port, protocol, path values to specify the correct url for you Tomcat Servlet, which would essentially run your Servlet inside an iView window in the Portal.

To create an AppIntegrator iView create an iView from the PAR called 'com.sap.portal.appintegrator.sap' and choose the 'Generic' template option

The iView property 'System' should contain the alias of the System Definition, and you can use the following syntax to generate the URL by setting the URL template property to something like this:

<Protocol>://<HostAddress>:<Port>/some/path?user=<User.Name[UPR_CASE]>&url= <HomeServer.url[url_ENCODE UPPERCASE]>

Documentation can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/70/5a3842134bad04e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nagendra,

as you are very new to this, i say a simple solution i hope it works, first archive your project and there is an option for importing in portal , use that to import the same java/j2ee project to your portal then deploy on your engine and you can use this application in your portal.