Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Removal using Pick Point

davidtai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have configure Storage Type 100 with SU managed and a pick point ST 001.

Once the TO is generated from delivery, the TO information will be from source ST100 to destination ST916.

So I would like to know, how to identify the SU is arrived pick point? If there any status or information can help me to know the status of TO.

Since i need to identify,

1.SU still in the Source Storage Type (TO open)

2.Worker starts transfer to SU to pick point with liftfork

3.SU arrived Pick point

4.Picker picked the material from pick point (TO picked)

5.Picker transferred the material to GI area (TO transferred and completed)

I dun know how to let user know the status of 2 and 3

Thanks in advance.

David Tai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If the pick point / ID point is defined for SType 100 then during transfer order creation system will automatically stamps the destination storage type as Pick point when it is taking out the stock from Stype  100

I have simulated one scenario where for my storage type 010 the ID point / Pick Point is defined as 011

Stock removal / putaway defined in material master & Stock in Storage bin are as below

& the Putaway / Picking storage type search is defined as

Now for the Transfer order creation i am using the T-Code  LT09 (enter the SU number & MvT and system automatically propose 011 as destination storage type in the transfer order

Upon confirmation of the transfer order 0168, use LT09 again to transfer the SU from Pick point to final destination bin and system automatically propose 010 as the final destination storage type

Hope this helps

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't interpret it that way. The problem with pick point is that physically:

1) Pallet is dropped at the pick point

2) Quantity is picked

3) Picked quantity is delivered to Good Issue location, and TO is confirmed

While in the system, you only see stock in pick point after TO is confirmed in step 3, there is no confirmation for step 1 and 2.

If two different people do 1 and 2/3, this is a real problem because the second person has no way to know when the stock has arrived at the pick point (without using a two-step picking process).

davidtai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi  Manish,

Thank you for your explanation with screen cap.

However, this may not be applicable to my scenario.

Since the TO is create from delivery, the storage search sequence is not so simple.

ST200 Picking Zone

ST001 ID/Pick oint

ST100 Standard Storage

for removal strategy, we will define 200 , 001 ,100

for example, the case is ST200,001 has no stock available for material A, the picking TO will be searching ST100 and then a TO is created with Source ST100 and Destination ST916 directly in one step picking.

Therefore, if it is a manual stock transfer, your idea is work. The TO is derived from a delivery note for my case

davidtai
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Joas,

Thanks for your reply

This is exactly what I mean. Two different people processing a single TO.

As there are no additional status avaliable, we may finalize  decide to implement a custom program and tcode to mark the "additional status" to a custom table.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no way to do it, the information about the Pick Point quantity isn't available until you confirm the TO. If you really need to separate the two (material at pick point / material at GI area), you should use two-step picking.