Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDP94

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Even as I work on SDP94 I could see both planning book(the shuffler at the top )  and data view (selection profile) delivering similar datas  ,what is the significant difference  behind both these views and why at all we need both when they serve the same purpose ? 

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_malpani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rahul,

The selection profile in data view facilitates the end user to easily load their selection with just one click.

Without the shuffler in top part of Planning book, it is not possible to save selection ids. Also, the shuffler will assist in case the end user wants to change some part of selection (Eg. put temporary exclusion in specific selection criteria etc).

So both the options are required 🙂

Regards,

Ravi

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

ravi how are you ?  thats true....both have thier own purpose

former_member216565
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

The objective of the shuffler and the selection profile is same. However, each has its own significance.

Typically, every selection profile is used in one or other planning job. Goto any planning job in background,you will find SELECTION PROFILE as input parameter. I quoted few examples below for your better understanding.

1) check heuristics background job via /SAPAPO/SNP01,

2) check optimizer background job via /SAPAPO/SNPOP,

3) check deployment background job via /SAPAPO/SNP02,

you will find selection profile as input paramter in every background planning job.

You will also find 'Manual Selection' but that is more rigid and static way of entering your inputs.

Over a period of time, if new products gets created in the system, you will have to manually include,if you use manual selection. But if you use selection profile, lets say, you selected SNP planner in the profile, then all the newly created products with the specified SNP planner will also considered automatically for the planning. Thats why, selection profiles are very handy and powerful.

Consultants in the project, create selection profiles for each planning run and save them through program varaints and the same variants will be used in the respective process chain.

Hope this information is helpful for you.

Thanks,

Santosh KB.

former_member205751
Participant
0 Kudos

really a wonderfull answer... thanks santosh...my idea is i will create one selection profile for a planning run save it as variant.that way conduct n number of multiple runs and store it as n number of variants.

with the addition of each new  material under a planner  the selection profile gets updated in essence it behaves like a dynamic unit.

hope my understanding is rite

former_member216565
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You are exactly correct. It works like a dynamic unit.

Thanks,

Santosh KB.