cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating NWDI server to another

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Here is my objective: I have a SLD, DTR, CBS and CMS in one NWDI server. I need to migrate all of this to another NWDI server.

My original server is a NWDI 7.1 windows, my target is a NWDI 7.4 Linux.

Mt problem:

All the sources, activities, propagation list, etc in DTR have been migrate with sucess. However, CBS and CMS has some diferences.

In CBS i can't see any of activities on compartments of SCA that have done in source NWDI.

In CMS i can't see the history of release and the version of the components is in initial state(in source the version is 2.0.16, in target thw version is 2.0.0).

Here is how i have done:

1 - Create a new Track(TRACK1) in target CMS.

2 - Copy all the archives under /trans/EPS/in from source to target directory.

3 - In CMS, checkin the archives, and then import the archives in development and consolidation tab.

4 - Access DTR console on target, and execute replicate command as explain in this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/49/101b273d9d132ee10000000a421937/frameset.htm

5 - After finished, in CBS i try to initialize the compartments.

The result is: DTR OK. In CBS all the components have compile state OK(there is no broken or dyrty DC), but does not have any activity and CMS have diferences in versions and no history of versions released is present.

So, i am doing something wrong? How CBS can get all the activities like in source CBS? How can CMS show the version correctly and the history of release?

Any help, will be very aprecited.

Best regards

Marcos Brandao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know the only way to keep the history of cbs and cms is if you do a system copy.

DTR has the complete history because you did replication, but for cms and cbs I am not sure it is possible (only if you do system copy of course as I mentioned above).

NetWeaver DI/JDI System Copy Migration
http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/70ee5ab2-8d7a-2c10-d88b-dbe2fdf666e7&override...

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

So many thanks for your reply.

I have follow this document in section "Alternatives to doing a System Copy". I have tried the replicate command because in this way the CBS and CMS still works in source NWDI.

I am a little bit confusing about it. In this document: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/49/101b273d9d132ee10000000a421937/content.htm there is a section saying: In addition to integrations, the replication process also copies the information that CMS stores in DTR about which activities were already released in a given track. However, a little bit above on the same document is saying: This is a pure DTR operation which does not rely on quantities defined in CMS or CBS.

There is someone can ensure this process in CBS and CMS cannot be done using replicate?

If it really cannot be possible, i will try the system copy.

One more time, many thanks Ervin.

Best Regards.

Marcos Brandão

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Marcos,

Replication is strictly for the DTR (IE Source Code).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefan for your reply.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So,

in my case i need to do a system copy with the option MOVE, because i need to keep all the systems(SLD, DTR, CBS and CMS).

With this option is possible to do a copy of NWDI 7.1 to NWDI 7.4?

Best Regards

Marcos Brandao

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Marcos,

yes, that is correct. You need to go for MOVE when doing system copy.

Cheers,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks. We are going to apply a system move, but i have one question about it:

There is this section in official documentation:

You can apply the system copy for the following:

Changing the operating system, the database, or both. You can use different operating system releases or database releases for the source and target systems, but the SAP system release of the source and target systems must be the same

In my case the scenario is: the source is NWDI 7.1 on Windows and my target is NWDI 7.4 on Linux.

I understant that we can't do this copy directly from source to target because the SO is different and the release of NWDi is different too, as the document said.

So, what i need to do is copy my source in windows to a target in linux with the same NWDI release and then upgrade the target to NWDI 7.4 after the copy?

Or there is another way to do it directly?

Best Regards

Marcos Brandão

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, I think you are right, an upgrade has to be done explicitly. Unfortunately I am not an upgrade expert. Perhaps you can ask around in another forum whether release can be changed when doing system copy. I don't know whether it is possible in one go. Or perhaps someone else who is watching this discussion can step in and answer this part.

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Marcos,

I talked to migration experts, and yes, once you did the system copy (move) then you need to do upgrade explicitly afterwards.

I mentioned this in the sap incident to Marwin as well.

Best Regards,
Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

That was very helpfull.

We were already started the process.

When we finished i will report the result here.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards

Marcos Brandão

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

We have almost finished,

The copy was done from Windows NWDI 7.1 to Linux NWDi 7.1.

After that we performed the upgrade of NWDI 7.1 to NWDI 7.4.

That was finished and OK.

DTR is OK, the worspaces and all the historic of version, activities is OK

All the data of released version and historic in assembly, test, approval, production and system state tabs in CMS was OK.

The imports of SCA on CMS and initialize compoartments in CBS is OK.

But now we are in doubt of some process of this migration.

The only think that we cannot find is the activities in CBS.

We have lost this or we need to do some other step?

There are a lot of activities in DTR in some workspace, when we acess the activities of this compartment in CBS, no one is showed. In the source system we could see then.

Best Regards

Marcos Brandão