cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Box on Personas "home screen" for MM03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Between all of the awesome videos of "Transaction-free lookup", "Fetch Data from other screens" and several others I thought I could easily make a Material Search Box (from MM03) on my "home screen" of Personas so you would type in the info in the box and it would automatically take you to the list of materials and you could pick your option from there, but so far no luck.

Example: During my recording I searched for a specific product "*shoes*", now my button works to get me to the list, but it will always take me to "shoes" even if I type "*shirts*" in the box. I tried to add the "refresh screen", "copy value" and "paste value" but I get an error about Step 5 no control, (which is where my "copy" is). I am thinking it may be because I cannot get the exact location of the box I would like to paste info in. I even made a copy of the Display Material Initial Screen and tried to grab the Properties of this box (see green arrow), but it will only give me the whole box. I can not select any of the blanks within it.

Any ideas to fix this or even start from scratch? See pics below and script pics.

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen this before when trying to use a standard search help via a script. I don't think I've found a way to make it work. What I do instead is use an existing list display transaction to build a search. My technique is described in this blog - . There I'm looking up functional locations, but the technique works with any list display transaction. And if there isn't a standard one, you can write your own!

Hope that helps.

Steve.