cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CommonCryptolib 8.4.17 - Ticket File Missing

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have just finished installing a new NW 7.4 Java application server, patched to sps7, and am about to configure SSL on it, but I seem to have a problem.  The installation routine installed sapcrypto.dll, etc, as part of the 7.41 kernel, but there is no 'ticket' file.  I fully expected there to be a ticket file in DIR_INSTANCE\sec, but there isn't.

This has the result, when attempting to configure SSL in NWA, of an error "Ticket file not found" and a red light.

I downloaded a new CommonCryptolib package from the SMP, in the same version (8.4.17), and unpacked it, but it doesn't include a ticket file either, and the included manifest indicates that one isn't expected.

So, I'm stuck.  I didn't have this problem in NW 7.0 and with the old sapcryptolib 5.5.5, so is there some new procedure in NW 7.4 and/or CommonCryptolib to obtain the ticket file?

This is a Windows 2012 R2, SQL Server 2012 system.  The kernel is 7.41 pl 31.

Regards,

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200373
Participant

Hello,

CommonCryptoLib does not require a ticket file anymore. But AS JAVA still does, so the workaround is to place a dummy file named "ticket" in your "sec" folder.

-- Stephan

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep, that worked.  Wow.  Lol.  The documentation still clearly states that the file should be included with the cryptolib package, nothing about making a dummy file.  Thanks again!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Samuli and Stephan.  The CommonCryptoLib is in fact included with the AS Java kernel for 7.41.  I had to check internally to determine it was in fact CommonCryptoLib and not SapCryptoLib (as they use the same dll name), but the version numbering was pretty clear.

Anyway, I'm going to try Stephan's suggestion now, and I'll get back to you with the result.  Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also interested in hearing how to use CommonCryptoLib together with AS JAVA since there doesn't seem to be any official documentation on it. That said, some manual tasks are probably involved in configuring CommonCryptoLib for AS JAVA, it's probably not out-of-the-box like with AS ABAP. I'm pretty sure CommonCryptoLib isn't automatically included in the kernel of AS JAVA but I might be wrong about that. The only reference to AS JAVA in context of CommonCryptoLib I could find is contained in SAP note 1996852.