cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with canceling the reservations

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

What are the steps to cancel a reservation that was created as a 921 or a 201? What we have been doing does not seem to work correctly and I have a feeling it only back orders the item rather than canceling it because the order gets reprinted on the next batch that runs.

Following steps are done:

1.       Canceling the reservations(921s) by putting in the deletion indicator in MB22

2.       Canceling the corresponding TO in LT15.

3.       Clearing the difference in LI21, (storage type 911)

However , this only puts the order on backorder and will kick again on the next printed batch. The process we are doing for canceling is not working correctly. Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to better describe your process. For one don't use custom movement types like 921, because they are customer specfic and we don't have a clue what that is. Everyone knows a 201 .... a 921? No.

Next, you don't explain how the reservations are being generated. Finally, if you are cancelling a reservation, why is there stock to be cleared via LI21?

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Joao,

Mvt typ 921 is for GI for emergency orders via Warehouse. We can neglect it and analyze on 201 also not an issue.

The process is as follows:

1. Creating reservation via MB21 and creating corresponding TO via batch program that runs in background.

2. In case reservation are to be cancelled for some reasons, do it via MB22 and hit on "d" (delete indicator)

3. Since TO is already created, deleted the TO via LT15

4. Since the stock is in Storage Type 911 coz of the TO, have to clear the difference via LI21 for Storage type 911.

But after the above process, TO is getting generated in the next batch program for the cancelled reservation.

Please let me know if the above makes sense. If not what are we doing wrong?

Thanks

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the batch job is the one recreating the reservation, a behavior you want to avoid, we must know what exactly is this batch job. Is it a standard program? Which one?

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

No it is a custom one

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me get this straight, you open a thread asking for help to figure out why a batch job is regenerating reservations you already marked as deleted.

You don't tell us what the job is, what it does, how it works, and yet you expect help? How? A miracle? If we don't have a clue how the program works, how do you expect us to help you?

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

I am sorry but I currently do not have access to the system. I am also new to the project. I will be able to get the details of batch program by Monday only.

My intention to open this thread was to confirm if the steps we are doing is not incorrect. Or in other words we are not missing any thing which is causing the issue.

As I can judge from your reply looks like the steps we are doing are correct and the issue is only with the job. Thanks for helping on this.

Will get the job details once I an in front of system and see if I can look at the root cause. I belive we just have to add the logic that if delete indicator is set, batch job not to create TO.

Thanks once again for the prompt help.

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joao,

Sorry for the late reply. But the job uses a standard program RLAUTA10.

I tried running the job with 2 reservations, one with delete indicator and one without.

The job is creating TO for the reservation with delete indicator, but not for the one without delete indicator.

Any pointers on this?

Thanks

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

Batch job program RLAUTA10 create Transfer order against a material document (at the time of processing it checks  the TR number and then create a Transfer order against the TR) in your case you are updating the deletion indicator in Reservation but TR still remain same hence next time when your batch job runs it picks the set of TR with relevant indicator of Auto TO creation and create the Transfer order once again

former_member226908
Participant
0 Kudos

Bingo! we were deleting the TO, but TR was still not deleted. So the std program was re creating the TO.

Appreciate your help. After TR is deleted, the program is not creating TO for the deleted reservation

Thanks,

Karthik

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Close the question.... mark the correct answer......

Answers (0)