cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error applying policies from AFAria to WMP Devices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Suddenly when I tried to apply a policy from SAP Afaria to a windows mobile professional device, the system throws a error: ONS1201: Encountered Unrecoverable Error while sending Outbound Notifications to Specified Clients. Sometime was preceeded by this message: ONS1003: Could not connect to client "Client NAME", with Client GUID, "{XYZ......}". The specified host, "Client IP", cannot be reached. I have to remark that this was working before... just stop working yesterday... I saw some oss notes... but is related to iOS or Android... as my device is WMP, what might be happening here?

I Have RS configured, the connection from the client to afaria is established... and my connection is configured with SSL.

Best Regards,

Mariana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you want to push messages to Windows Mobile devices you need either a SMS gateway (also requires SIM cards in all devices) OR you need to open port 3005 FROM your server to the mobile devices. This usually doesn't work if devices are on a cellular network (use SMS then).

If you don't have the SMS gateway the server will record the last known client IP for your device and when you do a push it will try to connect to that IP. This is why it might have worked for x days but now your device rebooted or something and you have a new IP address and the push stopped working.

Possible solutions (can combine):

1) Use SIM cards and SMS gateway

2) Open port 3005 from server to devices. Possible have longer leases or fixed IPs for devices on you network

BR

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have another question after reading your answer... that's means the connection for the push notification to Windows devices is directly from Afaria Server to WMP Devices? So this push notification is not passing through the relay server? I'm asking this, because the port 3005 is open from afaria server to the device's IP. I'm pretty sure what you are saying is right, the server tried to connect to the last IP known for the device, if this IP changes and the devices does not report the new address the error is reported on the log. But I need to clarify the path of the connection ... and I would like to know if this 3005 port needs to be open on the DMZ's firewall?

Best regards,

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correct. WM Push doesn't use Relay Server when the server connects to the devices. The devices will use relay server to connect back in when responding to the push.

3005 needs to be open ALL the way from server to device.

BR

Peter

Answers (0)