cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create OVS help for custom field in OIF?

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to add custom field and display F4 help. I have added the custom field but how to add OVS search help to field as i need to pull data from db tables based on certain creteria.

Please explain with steps.

Thanks,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

please go through the link... It will be helpful

SAPTechnical.COM - OVS help in the WebDynpro application

regards

Ashwin k.v

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin.

Thanks for reply.

The link you shared is about OVS in Web dynpro aplication but my problem is in FPM OIF.

Thanks,

Vimal

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have created field "ZZ_APPOINT_AUTH" in UIBB and in Feeder class added interface IF_FPM_GUIBB_OVS . And impleted the 4 methods given.

Also in Get definaition provided the Field name and Feeder calass name.

But still i am not able to see ovs help on my fields.

Any suggestions?

jwood_bowdark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So, in the GET_DEFINITION() method, am I correct in understanding that you populated the ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION table as follows:

NAME = { field name }

OVS_NAME = { feeder class name }

If that's the case, some things worth looking at:

1. If your feeder class is inheriting from some base class (e.g. CL_EHFND_FBI_GUIBB_FORM for FBI-based forms), you might want to make sure that you're not appending a duplicate record in the ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION table in GET_DEFINITION(). Most of the standard-delivered feeder classes will create a record for you that you'll need to tweak.
  2. For your record, I'd make sure that the DDIC_SHLP_NAME field is blank as I'm not really sure how the GUIBB component(s) digest the data when both values are present. If nothing else, this just eliminates one more variable.

Aside from those possibilities, it sure seems like you're on the right track. Probably something pretty minor. Another thought might be to set breakpoints in the HANDLE_PHASE0( ) method to see if something's going awry during the configuration/initialization phase. Hope this helps. Thanks.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks for reply.

I checked few things you mentioned and here are the findings:

1) Following is the code i have written it GET_DEFINITION

ls_descr_attr-name = 'ZZ_APPOINT_AUTH'.
  ls_descr_attr
-label_text = 'Appointing Authority'.
  ls_descr_attr
-ovs_name = 'ZCL_INC_BINF_CLAS_UI_FRM'.

APPEND ls_descr_attr TO et_field_description.

is this enugh to identify which field  we want to make an OVS help? because suppose if don't implement all other pharses and only provide above code in Get_Defination then will it show me F4 icon atleast on field?

2) DDIC_SHLP_NAME field is blank. And there are no duplicate records.

3) I tried putting break point in HANDLE_PHASE0() and all other phases but debugger does not run while starting the application.So do we need to call these methods at some point or they are called automatically ?

Thanks for your help.And let me know of any other details required.

Thanks,

Vimal