cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM- Reciever Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i receive four files from the same file server, should i create one receiver and assign a loop or create four receiver steps.

What is the difference between them?, do advise.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The four files that i receive is though from the same file server, it has differnt structures.

So should i use one receiver with loop or multiple

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>The four files that i receive is though from the same file server, it has differnt structures</i>

You need to use 4 recieve steps within a fork in this case...............

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

As we need to put four recieves, why do we need loop, either it should be loop with one receiver,

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>As we need to put four recieves, why do we need loop, either it should be loop with one receiver,</i>

If you are sending same file (ie same structure) four times,then you will have to use single recieve step within a loop.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are gettting the files from the same sender the beter option would be to have the Loop with four receivers. This is explained in the link, "Payload Dependent"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/08/16163ff8519a06e10000000a114084/content.htm

The fork with 4 receive steps is used when you need to collect the files from Different Sending applications. Each of these would have a correspodning Receievr Determination for it.

In the case of the loop which is corretc option for you, just one Receievr Determinatin will be needed.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

One receiver and assign in a loop.

if you specify the four recievers , then there may be four interfaces ,if you have one interface and 4 msgs then keep in loop else 4 interfaces then you need 4 receivers

Regards

Chilla