cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong batch populated on Inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently we came across the following issue.

GR have been posted for two by-products(mvt type 531) for a process order within a gap of 6 minutes. Since 05 inspection type was active for both the by-products, two inspection lots were created for two material documents. The batch updated in second inspection lot is same as first inspection lot (Tcode: QA03, Table: QALS). But the batch updated in the corresponding material document is different one (Tcode: MIGO, Table: MSEG). Even the batch in inspection lot is not created in the system (Tcode: MSC3N, Table: MCH1, MCHA).

Batch level is "Batch unique at material level".

Have anyone of you came across this issue? Please reply with your thoughts and experience.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Batch is at material level so offcourse one batch against one material and same batch will float from start to end. Its may be the number range related problem at order level or inconsistency iin batch and order master.

Raise to SAP /

Regards

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

I think it is related to Inconsistency. There is problem with batch as they are using at material level. So they must check with SAP.

As i think

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Manoj Jadhav,

Batch Management is active for material. Do you have split valuation.

Regards,

Saurabh kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. We don't have split valuation. I am giving you example of issue . I am trying to search mat A and batch 100 in system but I didn't find in MCH1,MCHB,MCS3N. In short batch not created for particular mat and batch combination . When I searched inspection lot for both mat and batch combination then I found . This inspection lot is created after GRN for by product , movement type 531 , inspection type 05.When I saw batch in material document it is 101 instead of 100 .

Question

1. If batch 100 is not created for mat A then why it is showing on inspection lot header ?

2. If batch in mat document is 101 then actually same batch should show on inspection lot header .How come batch 100 populating on inspection lot header ?

Thanks ,

former_member215620
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear manoj jadhav,

As you said batch is at material level. So one batch number  have two materials assigned.

Please check the issue with SAP.

Regards,

Saurabh Kumar