Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

assigning mic to Material

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

i have cerated MIC and Created A Inspection Plan For the Raw Material And Assigned The MIC in  Inspection Plan. and completed a cycle of result recording and ud.

later i came to know that Inspetion plan is onely for Routing. then how can we Assign the MIC" s To raw Material ?, as this is basic question but i am not able to understood the stuff in internet.

Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not create inspection plan for routing. You have to maintained the MIC in routing under quality characteristics.

Please check did you already maintained the MIC for routing?

Check the usage of your inspection plan and let me know.

maheshkumar_komatineni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

i have created Inspection plan For Raw Material, I think we should not create inspection plan foe Raw Material.

so My basic question is How Can We assign MIC"s to Raw material ? apart from Inspection Plan.

regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

You have to decide that what exectly you want to do?

If you are trying to do the raw material inspection that means you are doing inspection at the time of goods receipt of raw material. Am i right?

If yes. Then create inspection plan with usage 5 and assign that material to inspection plan and try.

OR

Please explain me what exectly you are doing with transaction code?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184574
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Except for the following scenarios Inspection plan (QA03) is required, if you want to execute quality cycle..

1. In-process inspection in production ( Inspection type 03)

2. Calibration Inspection ( Inspection type 14 )

Thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I SAP - QM, First you need to understand the concept of master data along with Qm- Processes.

INSPECTION PLAN - Required for all type of QM process except IN- Process inspection.

ROUTING/ RECIPES - required to inspect material during production processes as mentioned above exception.

Regards