Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Document - Document is marked for deletion

kumar123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I want to delete some of the documents which were incorrectly uploaded in DMS.

Using CDESK i listed out the documents and when i want to delete them, i am getting this message "

Document is marked for deletion"

As the help says " Try to avoid to set multiple descriptions for the same language. "

But i am unable to open the following documents in CV02N, please help me with the process to delete the documents with this status.

Regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

From morning you have posted 4 questions and lot of replies have come..you have not even replied/closed a single thread and you are only posting new questions.

Sorry, I will not be able to answer this until you close/reply to your previous threads.

Refer below link on 'How & why to close threads'

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Regards,

Ravi

kumar123
Participant
0 Kudos

I replied most of them, if my issue got resolved, then i can close the thread....thanks anyway for the link.

Regards

Naveen

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveen..

Coming back to your question,

To permanently delete DIR's from CDESK, the pre-requisite is that the DIR should not be flagged as 'Mark for deletion'. If it is marked you may have to remove it.

Can you share some screenshot on what error you are getting while opening the DIR in cv02n.

Regards,

Ravi

kumar123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please find the screenshot for your reference.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Have you tried to remove the flag "Mark of deletion' for the above DIR in CV02N?

If not, remove deletion flag first and then try deleting in CDESK.

Regards,
Ravi

kumar123
Participant
0 Kudos

I am unable to open the Document in CV02N to do the needful.

Is there any alternate method for this process.

Regards

Naveen

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Why are you not able to open the document in CV02N? Is there any error or something else?

Alternate method is available but you will not be able to select individual DIR but the document type. This means it deletes all the DIR's(Marked for deletion) under a document type.

Report Name : MCDOKDEL

Note: This deletes only DIR's which are marked for deletion. Try first with 'Test mode - X'

Regards,

Ravi