cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of XI and job prospects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need advice on career shift, can any one clarify the following points?

I am looking for learning XI, I have 5 years of java development experience. Is it good for a java guy to move in to XI ?

Which stream in SAP is ideal for a java developer.

could any one provide me guidence about the job prospects for XI ?

Thanks and Regards

Afrooz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am happy with the answers provided. I want to award points to subhasha for helping me.

There is no radio button to award points here, nor I see "helpful" or "correct" hyperlinks which is being prompted when I click on answered option.

Regards

Afrooz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Click on the answer that I have replied to you. Now you will find three radio button on the left of answer such as:

Solved problem (10)

Very helpful answer (6)

Helpful answer (2)

You can select radio button from here to reward points.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is some issue with the site. I tried logging out and logging in again. The radio buttons are not displayed.

I will try again after few minutes.

Thanks and Regards

Afrooz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasha,

I was able to allot the points, thank you for the wonderful help!!

Best Regards

Ayub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayub,

I am glad, it helped you.

Thanks,

Subhasha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I donno why the option to provide points is not displayed for me. I have used sdn before and awarded the points...This option (rewarding points) is not happening even today.

Sorry Subhasha!!

Regards

Ayub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afrooz,

First decide where you want to go, either XI or something else. From your first point it seems that you are dedicated to learn XI but from your other line it seems that you have some confusion where to go.

For JAVA developer there is two best option in XI, either EP or XI. If you want to go in JAVA coding part then EP will be more suitable. If you want less coding then XI is best. In XI we have two stack: JAVA stack and ABAP stack. We also use JAVA for user defined functions or for JAVA mapping. For selection between EP and XI just go through the basics of it so that you will be clear what to select:

<a href="http://www.sap.com/platform/netweaver/components/index.epx">Components of Netweaver</a>

On this page you will find link for XI and EP. Just read the basics that what exactly it does. If you want to come into XI then do revert back.

Job prospects of XI is very good, I say its on the top if you have good knowledge.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasha,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I am planning to learn XI. What is the best approach to learn XI ?

Currently I am working in Bangalore. Are there any good training centers you know which provide quality training in XI ?

Any online learning resources for XI ?

Thanks and Best Regards

Afrooz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Afrooz,

Go through these starter blogs on XI written by Sravya. It will give a brief idea about XI:

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Also read these files:

All the information you need in XI :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

To understand the architecture of XI, Please go through this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

For XI in General:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/e60138fede083de10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Also check homepage of XI which has all information related to XI:

<b>P.S. Reward points if answer is helpful.</b>

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhasha,

Thank you for the wonderful links !!

I do not find an option here to give the points. I will check back here and reward 100% to you.

Best Regards

Afrooz