cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement in travel where in per diems are paid to an employee before he goes on a trip.

However, this per diem is payable to the employee based on reimbursement group as well as if he has selected accomodation or not(planning to create a custom field).

For example, say employee is paid an advance per diem of 1500$ prior to travel. He returns and has additional expense of 200$. As per business process, net claim should be 1700$.

How can i do this?

Any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

For this you should use travel request with Advance which the user can create to claim the advance amount. Once the user comes back from the trip they can create an expense report from this request. This will do all the calculation by taking the advance into consideration. Check out this link for more explanation.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b6/cda10f49e911d189060000e8322f96/content.htm

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Kindly correct me if i am wrong.

1. Employee raises a Travel request with an advance of 300$. This is then posted to finance using the expense type VORS. This needs to be given to the employee and is not expected to be reimbursed from him.

2. Employee returns from the trip and has to reimburse 400$ as Taxi expense.

What is expected in the reimbursement is the complete 400$. Not 400-300 = 100$.

We are treating the advance as a per diem paid in advance to the employee before going on a trip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

Per diems are different to Advance. Per-diems are only created at the time of expense creation. Per-diems are daily allowance for expense for e.g. meals and accommodation.

Advance is payment to the employee to cover any incidental expenses. For e.g. if the employee doesn't have enough money for the business trip.

So in you example above if the Employee was give $300 as Advance, this money should go towards the business expenses they incurred so when they come back and they have a receipt of $400 then the employee will only get $100.

Hope this helps.

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so as i understand this has to be taken care of in expenses reimbursements.

I was also trying to provide perdiems with accomodation and without accomodation.

If employee selects with accomodation, the per diem gets calculate.

If i uncheck it , how can i still pay the employee a perdiem.

Say per diem with acco is 200$ and without acco is 500$.

The IMG nodes donot help me do that.

Answers (0)