cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration approach for OSI PI to SAP PI 7.1 in order to create WO in SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a newbie in the field of SAP PI7.1 and have a requirement at hand from one of our internal stackholder, the requirement goes like;

To establish a robust and real time connection between OSISoft PI Historian with SAP system in order to create Maintenance Work Orders based on the equipment operational values. For Instance, if any operational parameter of an equipment in the field exceeds certain threshold values OSI PI Historian would be able to capture the same and would indicate the Operator about the values. Now based upon the same indication a trigger would be generated which would will be carried forward to SAP ECC (SAP PM Module) and the WO would be created automatically with the required values like;

• Work Order Number
  • Status Date
  • Duration

OSI PI team is ready to provide required data preferably in XML format which mandates me to use Web service as the Inbound to SAP PI. Need help in identifying possible approaches to create the scenario as well as should I go in for BAPI to create WO automatically?

Thanks

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For the sender side you should to propose a SOAP sender. Then, OsiSoft developer can consume your scenario as webservice with the WSDL that you give them or via Service Registry if you publish your Soap sender in this SAP PI utility.

From my point of view, for the receiver side you can use a ECC server proxy or a Z  RFC. The ECC ABAP developers will take the input and the generate all the data required calling the standard function modules or idocs.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki

So what you are suggesting is SOAP to Proxy right?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Any other approaches you would like to suggest?

Regards