Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC-unassigned projects

former_member290536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Time sheet entries perfromed via NWBC

User clicks on Mytasks---Time sheets. The screen which appears to him is having many projects and tasks which is not related to asking him to do time sheet entries.

We checked in the projects and none of these projects are having this user assigned in the authorizations tab.

Now why the user got this projects even if he is not tagged?

We suspected issue with BP and checked it, BP creation here is happening directly thoruhg NWBC without HR integration. So while creating BP for soem reason user name is not mandatory only mail id is mandatory. So when correct mail id is used in the BP and when this user is  not tagged to that project then why is it appearing in this list is the biggest question.

Can any one help me here please.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

If your queries are answered, please close the thread by choosing the correct answer. If you have resolved your query on your own, then share with the community and choose your post as correct answer.

This helps community members to know quickly the answers for the post for which they are searching.

You can refer the below blog on why & how to close the discussions.

http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Regards,

Ravi

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

Can you share some sreenshots of the below.

1) My task dashboard with irrelevant tasks

2) Irrelevant task - authorisation tab screenshot

3) BP staffed details-Projects & Tasks ( For this you can navigate to a project role where BP is staffed in staffing tab, click on the BP to view the staffed projects & tasks)

Regards,

Ravi

former_member290536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

thanks a lot for immedaite response. I am not able to sahre screen shots due to securiyt issues.

1.Irrelevant tasks are appearing just like other relevant ones allowing to enter time also which is shocking me.

2. I chcked irrelevant tasks the user is not assgigned there

3. Wheni checked BP by the navigation as u said i can see that he is staffed only for the ones which he needs to enter time sheets.

Is there some thing else i am missing than this.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

Then one last option I would recommend you to check is ..change the status of irrelevant task to other than 'Released or In-Process" and check even after this, still the task appears.

If yes, then better to raise an OSS message with SAP.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member290536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I will definitely check on this and let u know the result.

Just for my clarifications,

If an user is added in the authorizations tab or in the resource allcoation to a role then he should be able to do time sheet entery am i correct? I am checking based on this logic

Now, while creating BP when we input user name and save the name gets vanished it doesnt get saved. Any idea on this why its happening. We assume that this may be one of the reason. Do correct me or educate me if wrong.

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti,

As you are aware, task confirmations can be carried out in 3 ways

#Task confimation methodPre-Requisite
1Directly in the project structure

User has to have admin authorisation at project definition or

Read access at project definition with write/admin at task level

2Through 'My Tasks' dashboard

User has to have write access at task level

(This can be achieved by selecting responsible role in the task or through task to role to BP to user assignment)

3Through CAT2 tcodeNo authorisation is required, but task to role to BP to Personnel number assignment is required

Hope this clarifies your question.

Coming to your BP creation question -

How do you create BP's? in PPM application or BP tcode or through HR integration?

Regards,

Ravi

former_member290536
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks a lot it for adding vlaue to it...currenlty its getting created directly in NWBC which call T code BP from the backend/ECC