Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using External Jar files in wdj

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have an external jar file , pdfgen.jar , for which we have Development Component of type  external library  having public parts Assembly_PP and Compilation_PP .

Here in development phase we have some changes in pdfgen jar . say we have added new method as public void getdept() {.....} and build jar file again.

after changes im replacing the updated jar file in the lib folder of external library dc . But im not able to access the updated features of the jar, I have tried building the external library dc , and the dc in which im using this external library dc. but still im not able to access the updated feature

in that case if i create a new external library dc and add the updated jar , then on using this new external library im able to access the updated feautures

Regards

Govardan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Govardan,

Did you add the Jar Files into Public Part?

In Assembly_PP and Compilation_PP you have to add the jar file.

Do right click & select Add to Public Part.

Thanks,

Patralekha

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ptraleka ,

I have added , but second time when i replace the updated one and if i right click and select add to assembly and compilation , it shows that jar file is already added.

Regards

Govardan Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After replacing just try to refresh the DC & check if you can able to add those updated jar files into Public Part.?

Thanks,

Patralekha

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Patralekha ,

I have done all refreshing the dc , but again on click of adding to public parts , it shows that the jar file already added cant add twice , and also if my jar name is abc.jar , the updated jar file name is also the same abc.jar, should we rename jar file to another name  ?

Regards

Govardan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to rename it.

After updating the jar file build both DCs( External Library Dc & Other DC) & check you can access the features of JAR Files from other DC or not?

Thanks,

Patralekha

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Patralekha ,

Have done this , some times im able to get the updated methods and features and some times im not able to get those updated features even thought boths dcs and external library are built completely.

Regards

Govardan Raj S

michael_voss2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govardan!

Did you try first removing the jar from both public parts (in the Development Infrastructure perspective), replacing the JAR file and re-adding it to the public parts again afterwards (in the Java Perspective) ?

Regards

Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Govardhan,

Will suggest that you remove the external dc dependancy  from the component properties of the wdj dc using it and add again.

Also try adding the external dc in project references of the wdj dc ,rebuild it and try accessing the updated features.

Let me know if it works

Regards,

Nimisha