Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Packages- Queue clearance before Start

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are about to start support packages implementation on production system. we have planned to start in downtime minimizes phase.

So before we start there are some data in inbound and outbound queue and data in setup table. So is it possible to start the patching now in up-time without clearing this queue and data and clear it before we go in downtime phase.

We are using SPAM for patching.

Regards,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

it is always recommend to clear the open data before we go with Stack/EHP upgrade. speak with BI team to clear the open data. As you are using SPAM, once you skip here it will not repeat the same check.

If you are facing this warning for ST-PI and ST-A/PI update, then you can skip as it will not replace any BI data.

Regards,

Anil

former_member189797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit,

In SPAM it will check for these in CHECK_REQUIREMENRTS phase with no possibility to skip.
So you have to clear the queue at that time.

If your requirement is to cleat it just before you go to downtime, use SUM.

Regards,
Gaurav

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

Thanks for your reply. As i told we are using SPAM for this patching. So i just need to clear if i can skip this phase(screen attached). And when i will go in downtime by that time queue will be cleared and no data will be there.

So my question is when i am starting this patching using SPAM in uptime phase, is it possible to skip this and take care in downtime.

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Mohit,

I dont think it is NOT  possible when you do it in SPAM... Once you skip it , you will not again be prompted for the open extraction requests.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If you are using SPAM then you need to process them and repeat the phase.

The screen shot is self explanatory.

Regards

RB

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

This is my question, If i will ignore this in uptime phase and when the downtime phase will come by that time queues will be cleared and after that only i will start the patching in downtime phase.

So is it okay to go and start this way?

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you skip it , you will not get that again for clearing of queues.

So u need to Proceed further once clearing of queues in the system.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep Alapati

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mohit

As far as I know there wont be any more prompts or popups like these once you skip this phase but the processing can be done before the downtime according to this SAP note.

1083709 - Error when you import Support Packages

Note that this processing must take place during system downtime because otherwise the different objects will be immediately filled with data again.

Regards

RB

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

But (i suppose) when i start patching again it will start checking from the beginning and ask if there things  needs to be done. I asked BW team but they have planned to load delta data. So what to do in this situation.

Regards,

Mohit

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello RB,

I think i can start patching by simply skipping this and get it checked by running report RMCEXCHK when i reach in downtime phase to see if the data in setup table is clear now or not? Is it correct approach?

Regards,

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this, before starting the patching, all the users in the system to be locked,except those who are going to clear the delta queues in the system and basis admin.  Once the queue is cleared by BW team, u need to start your activity.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep Alapati

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

But as i stated i am running SPAM with downtime minimized mode. And when the system will reach in downtime phase at that time i will lock the users and ask BW team to clear the load. RYT???

Regards,

Mohit

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I have never tried that option so I cannot confirm that but based on the SAP note it should be possible.

Regards

RB

mohitsahu
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello RB,

Just for background info. i am performing patching on ECC system. and connected to BW system, so do i need to ask BW team clear all the outbound queue before we start because when i run smq1 there are still data in the queue but when i run with queue name MCEX* it is empty. so is it okay?

Regards,

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If the MCEX* queues are not showing anything (assuming you checked them from right client) then there must be some other reason why the phase is stuck there and alerting you.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

if there are some queues (MCEX* ) that need to be processed then SUM tool will inform you and you need to have them processed using the Tx LBWE before you continue.