Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 Role Owner approving own Request

former_member208271
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I would like to know is there any settings on GRC where it stops a Role Owner from approving his/her own request.

We have some critical Roles and it has about 2 Role Owners. If the Role Owner is applying for that Role it should not allow him/her to approve that request, only the other Role Owner should be able to approve the request.

Just wanted to know if GRC 10 has any standard config settings to do this before we start customizing.

Regards

Mustafa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

you can use end user personalization to avoid a role owner to approve roles for himself. Define a dedicated EUP for role owner stage and restrict via "Approve/Reject Own Requests" like shown below:

Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

We have the same problem that Mustafa, and we already defined the parameter that you mentioned, but unfortunately the request was sent to own roleowner to approve, and if we approve appears one message that mentioned that message that is not authorized to approve. So if we check the status we checked the folllowing:

So how we can proceed with approval?

We have to set up some more point?

Thank you.

Regards

Inês

Message was edited by: Inês Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ines,

your query is not clear to me.

However, some inputs. The other role owner should be able to approve, as he is not requester.

Could you say, if the requester is not getting error message, while trying to approve.

Also, i think the value should be USER AND REQUESTOR, in EUP for the parameter, as in Alessandro's reply. include this 

regards

plaban

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

Thanks for your reply.

We are testing when is the role owner(end user) to make a request. If is the own to make the request, he receives the notification in inbox, after manager approve, but role owner doesn't have authorization to approve your own request, appears one message to say that, and the status instance is pending, and we can't finish the process.

Regards

Inês

Answers (0)