Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enquire about License Administration Workbench (LAW)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I would like to know more about LAW, what type of data that I can generate from report? Actually I would like to get some information from multiple logon e.g.: how many PC are using multiple logon, rate or status. Could you advice? Thanks!

Rdgs,
Emily

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emily,

LAW (Transaction SLAW) is used for Licence Administration, where you retrieve the data of all the users from different systems, you can combine and consolidate them and send the results to SAP for the licence usage in your Organization.

For checking the multiple logins from the same PC or different PCs, you would need to check it via transaction SM04.

Best Regards,

Savitha

m_coenjaerts
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Emily

Basic information about licensing can be found at Documentation | SAP Support Portal. Especially the SAP System Measurement guide, describes the process and provides some information about the LAW transaction and what you are able to do with it.

I'm not sure what you mean by: "how many PC are using multible logon, rate or status?" Multiple logon is determined at the SAP Server, not at the client side. Also licensing normally is not determined by the fact of the number of multiple logins or number of PC's. But the number and type of active users.

The LAW (SLAW tcode) allows you to 'consolidate' all the users, and licensetypes of various SAP systems. Here you can also remove duplicates / group users who have the same identity.

0 Kudos

Sorry to be a pain, but the correct link is http://support.sap.com/keys-systems-installations/measurement/information.html

(lower case M in measurement)

Apart from that it was exactly what I was looking

0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

The link given by you gives error. So, could you check the same.

Regards

Plaban