cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android application using SAP JCO to connect to CRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in the mid of developing an android application, which is to connect to SAP CRM system to fetch some data.  I'm using JCO for the same.  When I run it as standalone java application (i.e. not in android platform) I can successfully fetch data.  But when I run the same as android application, I get the following error in log cat:

Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCo initialization failed with java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load sapjco3 from loader dalvik.system.PathClassLoader[DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.example.firstapp-1.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/com.example.firstapp-1, /system/lib]]]: findLibrary returned null

I have added the jco library in libs folder of my android project and tried several variations.  The error persists.

Can someone please help ?

Regards,

Padma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

that won't work!

JCo requires a native library that is not available for Android platforms.

Maybe someday it will be available.

Regards

Jan

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

On windows the JCO jar relies on some external windows DLLs as well to communicate with the backend.  I suspect that is the problem as is it trying to find the DLL library to load and cannot find and load it.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you have any success with that question? I think that JCO can't be used in Android OS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your java build path, make sure you have check marked your libraries.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you developing an app that directly connecting to CRM system ? What is the interface? Can you give more information on the steps you followed to develop the app.

Midhun VP