cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parameters along with the short URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to provide an link (with some dynamic value) in the email to point back to the iView. I can point to the iView with <i><host>/irj/portal?NavigationTarget=navurl://195597fb5bb1b7f92c2e2055f8d4e637/</i> but not any additional parameters in the short url.

<b>Can anyone help me how to pass parameters along with the Short URL?</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this problem too , please I wanna know how you can solve. I need generate a link that contain a Short Url and need pass parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthaiah,

This is similar code you have to do it.i hope with help of api you get perfectly.

String objname = wdComponentApi.getDeployableObjectPart().getDeployableObjectName();

String partname = "SecondCompApp" //this is the name of the iview you get from properties.

WDDeployableObject wdDop="null";

try{

WdDop = WDDeployableObject .getDeployableObjectPart(deployableObjectName,partname,WdDeployableObjectparttype.APPLication)}

catch{}

//shld surrounded in the try block.

String url=WDUrlGenerator.getApplicationURL(WdDop);

please reward points if you found helpful.

Thanks&Regards,

Aruna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is this com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.url.api jar located?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where is 'WDURLGenerator' class and how can I use that in the WEBDynpro view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm - I found out - you have to pass the parameters with prefix of 'sap-'. Anything with a prefix 'sap-' is not filtered by SAP.

Sorry no points for anyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthaiah,

if you want to create any dynamic url in the view you can use WDDeployableObject .

if you want me to post code snippet please le me know.

Thanks&regards,

ArunaGundelli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ArunaGundelli,

Yes. Can you post the code please?

Regards,

Muthaiah.

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthaiah,

Is this IView a Web Dynpro IView. If yes then you can easily do this by simply adding a Url parameter to the default inbound plug of the interface Controller of your WD application.

You can refer to this link: <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/library/webdynpro/inter-application-navigation%20in%20web%20dynpro.pdf">Tutorial 15</a>, <a href="/people/jochen.guertler/blog/2004/11/23/web-dynpro-best-practices-how-to-navigate-between-different-web-dynpro-applications Blog</a>

Do reward points if it helps.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes This is a Webdynpro iView. Since I want to pass in a dynamic value, I do not want to specify it in the application parameters.

Am I getting it correctly here?

I have a dispatcher view (default entry) that delegates to the corresponding view based on the parameter passed.

sid_sunny
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthaiah,

I still dont understand whats the problem with this approach. As per my understanding you want a link in the Email to point to a Web Dynpro iView. Now on clicking on the link a URL parameter will be passed which you can fetch in the Interface controller and can pass it to the dispatcher view (as you told you application has). In this view on the basis of the URL parameter (say View name) you want to delegate to a coressponding view.

Regards

Sid