SAP for Industrial Manufacturing Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building smarter factories. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate PRS_HCM_CPILS_1 in SFW5 for IMC_ERP_607 BB263 implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'm kind of stuck and hope someone can help me.

At the moment I'm trying to implement the IMC Best Practice Package for EHP7 (recently updated the system) with the /smb/bbi . The check suggested to activate several Business Functions. Did that for most of them, but am missing one:

The requested PRS_HCM_CPILS_1 does not show up in SFW5

The according error message is:

BB 263 (US) cannot be activated because Business Function PRS_HCM_CPILS_1 is inactive.

I already activated the SAP HR Enterprise Extension (EA-HRRXX) of which it seems to be a part of, EA-HR in BF11 is active too, but still can't find this function.

Somebody an idea what else I need to activate to be able to 'see'the function and add the BB 263? Unfortunately it's not just a simple scenario but the configuration block: "SD/MM Generic Settings for Services Industries", so I don't really want to intentionally skip on this one.

Or another approach: If the funciton is not absolutely neccessary, is there a way to implement the block disregarding the missing function and can anyone predict the consequences? Seems like the function has the purpose of providing some WebDynpro functionality to CATS as an alternative to CAT2- we most likely wouldn't use that anyway.. I hope.

Any ideas? Thanks for any hint!

See you,

Tobi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The building block appears to use this to set up lean staffing under Commercial Project Inception for a sales order related project.

I found a reference in the SAP CRM application help:  Business Functions (SAP Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0) - SAP Library

It states that the component is "PRS_HCM_CPILS_1, which requires the installation of the software component EA-HR 605"  It is required to use the new Webdynpro application for CATS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

The building block appears to use this to set up lean staffing under Commercial Project Inception for a sales order related project.

I found a reference in the SAP CRM application help:  Business Functions (SAP Enhancement Package 6 for SAP ERP 6.0) - SAP Library

It states that the component is "PRS_HCM_CPILS_1, which requires the installation of the software component EA-HR 605"  It is required to use the new Webdynpro application for CATS.

0 Kudos

Hey Frank,

thanks for taking time to deal with this. I looked at this reference as well already. In fact, this is where my second approach relies on, since the reference you posted states as well "If not activated, CAT2 or CATSXT can be used."

Apart from this - as neither the BF11 nor the SFW5 stated the version of the (installed, s.a.) EA-HR I assumed it was on 607 after the Upgrade to EHP7 without reassuring. Checked this again after rereading the requirement and against my assumption EA-HR still lingers at 600.

Let me come back to you after the EA-HR is updated to a more recent version. This might very likely be the solution.

Thanks already!