Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UWL is not showing New and In Progress tasks

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are facing a strange concern where the UWL is displaying all the below work items.

Tasks forwarded to someone

Tasks for Resubmission

Completed Tasks

But not the New and In Progress tasks wherein the work items are already available in the user inbox.

The system details are SRM 7 with EHP 3 and the Netweaver portal is 7.30 SP 09

Please find the below screen shot for your reference.

And I would also like to update you that the below has already been tested.

1.) Check in SBWP - workflow inbox of the respective user wherein the work items are available already.

2.) In the SWI5 transaction code, the work items are in Ready status

3.) From Portal perspective, the webflow connector has been defined and it has got connected successfully.

4.) In the Webflow xml file, we are able to see the above highlighted task id which has already been defined.

With that, I am able to understand that if there is any action on the work item in SRM system, the same is getting replicated in UWL. Else it is not getting displayed in the UWL if there is no action been done on the work item.

Could you please check and advise if anyone has any other suggestions on the above. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bharathi,

if all kinds of task WI are displayed in user's SBWP, it means there is a connector problem between EP and SRM.

Check with an EP consultant.

Regards.

Laurent.

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your suggestion. The strange thing is, if an action has happened on the work item, then it is appearing in UWL. But if there is no action, then it is not appearing.

For example, if we complete the work item manually, it is getting displayed in Completed tasks. And the same applies with Forwarding, Reassignment.

Kindly advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thank you very much all your suggestions. Finally we have resolved the issue with the help of our internal team and also with SAP. To brief you about the background of our issue, we have faced three different concerns.

1.) UWL is not showing New and In Progress tasks but the other tasks are getting displayed properly

2.) When clicking on any of the completed work item, It is not redirecting to the correct page where we can see the Shopping cart details

3.) At the same time, it used to give the Assertion Failed error when opening the work item

1.) UWL is not showing New and In Progress tasks but the other tasks are getting displayed in the UWL

New and In Progress tasks:

Completed Tasks:

2.) When clicking on any of the completed work item, It is not redirecting to the correct page where we can see the shopping cart details

Root Cause:

As we are using the Application controlled workflow and especially the workflow task (TS93107952) instead of the standard one, we haven't made any entry in the specific workflow task initially.

Resolution:

Upon doing the changes in workflow task (TS93107952), The New and In Progress tasks are getting displayed in UWL.

After that, when we are trying to open any of the In Progress work item, it is not redirecting to the Approval/Rejection page wherein it was taking us to the shopping cart details page.

And at the same time, the system used to behave in a haphazard way where it will open the SC details upon clicking the work item for some time and at some time, it will give the Assertion Failed error for the same work item where it has displayed the SC details previously.

Upon further checking, we were able to find that it is due to the Netweaver UWLJWF Patch. We have upgraded it to the latest version available and cleared the UWL cache.

In reference to the concern on shopping cart details page upon clicking the work item, we have made the changes as below to take us to the Approval/Rejection screen.

In the workflow task - TS93107952, we have added the actions of old standard task TS10008126 of application control workflow and re registered the system. Please find the below code for your reference.

<ItemType name="uwl.task.webflow.TS93107952" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="com.sap.pct.srm.core.view.tasks"defaultAction="com.sap.pct.srm.core.action.launchWD.oldwfl.sc.approve" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria externalType="TS93107952" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action reference="com.sap.pct.srm.core.action.oldwfl.approve"/>

<Action reference="com.sap.pct.srm.core.action.oldwfl.reject"/>

<Action reference="com.sap.pct.srm.core.action.launchWD.oldwfl.sc.approve"/>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

<ItemType name="uwl.completedtask.webflow.TS93107952" connector="WebFlowConnector" defaultView="com.sap.pct.srm.core.view.tasks"defaultAction="com.sap.pct.srm.core.action.launchWD.oldwfl.sc.display" executionMode="default">

<ItemTypeCriteria externalType="TS93107952" connector="WebFlowConnector"/>

<Actions>

<Action reference="com.sap.pct.srm.core.action.launchWD.oldwfl.sc.display"/>

</Actions>

</ItemType>

More importantly, we haven't made any entries in the SWFVISU transaction code.Thanks once again for all your help and suggestions.

Hope this thread will be useful for someone in the future.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check

1) if your user is not locked or expired in backend and task are present in SBWP backend inbox.,check UWL connection status from UWL itself,

2) Check UWL NWA destinations starting with Webflowconnector make sure they are working properly.

3) If its standard SRM workflow with no customization then check if task ids are available in standard delivered SRM UWL xml file and system id mentioned against the task in the xml should be same if defined,which you have given while creating srm webflowconnector in your Portal.

4) Clear UWL cache if all the above things are in place.

5) if custom task and defined in SWF vISU,reregister the connetor on portal and clear UWL cache and check again.close all session and test in new session after cache referesh.

6) if above not helps and if you ghave defined delta pull mechanism in Portal uwl fro SRM,try disabling it ,clear chache and do a manula refresh of UWL to see if work items appear ,do this if you are allowed to do in the portal system as per process set in your project.

7) if work items appers after disabling delta pull then raise a OSS with SAP.

Thanks,

Siddharth

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you very much for providing the assistance. I would like to confirm that we have tried with all the suggestions and there is no luck

Best Regards,

Bharathi

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you confirm if you have checked the behaviour after disabling the delat pull mechanism for the webflowconnector in portal uwl if applicable.

Also you can change the log level to debug for UWL application and replicate the scenario to see if you find any relavant information written over there.

An incident with SAP may help if all your configurations are correct.

troy_cronin2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bharathi

I hope you are well and many thanks for using the SAP Discussion Forums .

Ok now based upon your scenario and the points you have highlighted there are a few important points to be highlighted.

Firstly we need to remember the concept through which the UWL Service functions and operates.

Ok with the UWL the normal behaviour follows the notion of the UWL Interface taking "5 Minutes"

for the tasks to actually load into the UWL upon intitial logon.The UWL works using two Pull operations. Firstly tasks are pulled from the backend into the UWL cache and they are pulled a second
time from the cache into the UWL User Interface. Due to this architecture there is an inherent delay in the automatic refreshes of the UWL. There is no way, in the current architecture that the UWL can refresh instantaneously.
This is upon inital load as the cache must be built first upon logon so there will always be a delay. Real time refresh in the latest versions, is only when you complete a task.

Now with reference to your scenario you mentioned the following:

Points of interest

• Tasks forwarded to someone
  • Tasks for Resubmission
  • Completed Tasks

"But not the New and In Progress tasks wherein the work items are already available in the user inbox."

Now from your analysis perspective you mentioned examining the following:

• Checked in SBWP - workflow inbox of the respective user wherein the work items are available already.
  • In the SWI5 transaction code, the work items are in Ready status
  • From Portal perspective, the webflow connector has been defined and it has got connected successfully.
  • In the Webflow xml file, we are able to see the above highlighted task id which has already been defined.

Ok what I would you to do here is review and carefully cross reference your current UWL Destination Service Configuration setup as the smallest discrepancy (if any) can cause unpredictable and unexpected behaviour.

- SAP Note: 1133821 - UWL Destination Service configuration

Check that after applying Note 1133821 the destination names and the UWL connector names exactly match, even considering case-sensitiveness. I mean if your portal system alias (=UWL connector name) is for example XYZCLNT100, then the rfc destination name should be exactly XYZCLNT100$WebFlowConnector. If that is not the case, please correct the rfc destination accordingly.

After you have checked/prepared the RFC destination for the future use please re-register that connector in the UWL config UI (Portal->System Administration->System Configuration->Universal Worklist) with which you would like to use this RFC destination.

Restart the UWL portal service as the followings: Portal -> System Administration -> Support -> Portal Runtime -> Application Console -> com.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl -> Show -> in thecom.sap.netweaver.bc.uwl.core.portal.UWLPortalService row press restart.

• Re-create the connector in the config UI again and register the connector.
  • Clear the UWL cache

Additionally kindly review the documentation below to ensure the optimal parameters are maintained for workitems being brought into the UWL.

• KBA number: 1577547 UWL Performance Tips and Considerations

Also, you may want to take a look at our sizing guide that our colleagues colleagues in development support have written in relation to the UWL. You will find this if you go to: You can find the document under this path: www.service.sap.com/sizing > sizing guidelines ' SAP NetWeaver   > UWL Sizing guide

These are details that you need in order for the performance to be optimal in the Universal Worklist.  Please check through the documentation to see if your parameters are set accordingly and also that you have followed the information in this document.

Kindly update me as per your findings.

I greatly appreciate your time and patience and I look forward to recieving your reply.

Troy Cronin - Enterprise Portal Support Enginerr

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

As per you suggestion, I have created one RFC destination with the same name as UWL system (SAP_SRM & WebFlowConnector).

After that I have stopped all the UWL applications in NWA and again started. Now the status of all those applications are "started".

After RFC destination creation, I have re-registered the connector and cleared the UWL cache.

For restarting the UWL portal service, I have followed the path System Administration->Support. But there is no Portal Runtime option available there.

I have followed the UWL sizing guide also. As per the sap note 1886490, I did not find any match for our portal. We are using Netweaver 7.3 sp09.Do we need to apply any patch level for it.

Kindly advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

suresh_murugan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

From the screen shot i couldn't figure out if your using UWL or POWL. If you are using POWL after opening your POWL inbox in portal, Logon on SRM server as the same user and execute the transaction SU53 and see if there is any authorization error for the application IBO_WDA_INBOX. Normally if you do not have authorization to the web dynpro application work item wont be visible in the inbox.

Regards,

Suresh

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for your reply. The concern is with the UWL.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

Generally this kind of issue happens for one or few users only. If you are facing this for a particular user you need check the Personalization for the user in Portal and reset the same. Follow the below steps:

1.Go to system admi >system config >universal worklist and workflow >universal worklist administration.

2. On the administration page, go to click to manage item types and view definitions.  Here you will see a tab called reset personalizations.  Go there and type in the userid, and reset the personalizations for this user. 

Hope this solves the issue! if the issue still persists, check to see if this user is missing a role ( From portal end ensure that "everyone (eu_core)" role is assigned to the user) . You can do a cross comparison with the user for who it is working in both the backend and the portal.  It would be helpful then to also bump up the logging levels on the UWL and look at the latest default trace when this user tries to connect to the portal

BR,

Rakesh Singh

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to confirm that this issue is happening for all the users.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Rakesh_Kr
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharthi,

I went through this note ( 1993994 - MSS/ESS UWL iView shows no tasks on first access ) given by Laurent, and i think it may be the issue with the property of the UWL being used .Ask any Portal guy to follow the steps in quality and change the Iview Property "sap_uwl_iview name" to "Default" if it's something else.

After making the changes don't forget to clear the Portal & UWL Cache .

Thanks,

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharthi,

Please check whether the user in R3 (SU01) has these roles

'SAP_BC_BMT_WFM_UWL_END_USER', '

SAP_BC_UWL_END_USER',

'SAP_BC_UWL_SERVICE'.

And also check the Tcode SWFVISU has the workflow Task number with correct parameters.

Thanks,

Aashima

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aashima arya,

Thanks a lot for your update. I would like to confirm that the work items are not getting displayed after assigning the above roles also. Could you please advise if there is any portal specific roles need to be assigned.

Regarding the SWFVISU, I have assigned the task number as below and I have a small doubt on whether the specific task number of the work item id needs to be assigned or the beginning of workflow task id need to be assigned.

SWFVISU Screenshot:

Visualization Parameters:

DYNPARAM - sapsrm_mode=CREATE&sap_explanation=X&sapsrm_botype=AOBSOCO&sapsrm_kw_id=L366BF07FDEEA4851A955F8A3B976178BSD833EC56F17F4404806072749F7E764F&sapsrm_portalbaseurl=<Portal.BaseURL>&sapsrm_pcdlocation=<IView.ID>

And I also request you to check the parameters which we have maintained

Workflow ID:

Kindly revert if you need any further info. I will be very happy to revert. Thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day ahead.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharthi,

Try changing the parameters in Swfvisu.

Please check the image attached.

then re-register the UWL webflow connector.

If u have any xml on high priority check whether the parameters are correct in that file.

Thanks,

aashima

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aashima,

Thanks once again for your update. The above parameters are related to ECC system. But in my case, it is SRM system. Could you please advise whether the parameters will still hold good.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt there is something wrong in the xml file.

Please check whether the maintained parameters are there or not.

Thanks,

Aashima

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aashima,

Thanks a lot for your update. I would like to confirm that the task id of the work item has been maintained correctly in the XML file.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please check the setting of the UML configuration as per the note mentioned below .

UWL configuration

Thanks

Ankit Jain

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bharathi,

Can you please tell me which IE version are you using.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply. The IE version which we are using is 8.0

Best Regards,

Bharathi

former_member190689
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bharathi,

Why don't you try with IE9. As you are already using SRM7 Ehp3 SP ?? version with Netweaver 7.03 SP 09.

Thanks

Gaurav Gautam

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your suggestion. But we have a restriction over here. Hence I have checked in the chrome browser and the result is same where the UWL is not showing New and In Progress tasks but all the other tasks.

Thanks in advance for your help. Have a great day ahead.

Best Regards,

Bharathi