Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sender jdbc adapter - no update query

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am using pi 731 single stack.

the scenario is - PI has to pick data from view of a hana database. i am using jdbc sender for it.

pi will not have access to update the table,only pi can read the view of database.So,PI can't use UPDATE query.

If in jdbc sender channel ,I use SELECT query only and no UPDATE query - will it work ? what will happen if there are 100 records in the view and PI failed after fetching 43 records..will it pick from 44th record next time OR it will start from 0 again ?

rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP PI,

It has no sense to use the sender JDBC without update query because then always will be taken the same records.

If you cant update the source DB you only have the choice to talk with the DB administrators that they develop for you a stored procedure that it has to do the work to get different records in every PI access.

If the PI record process fail with impossible source database update update, the only way (afaik) is to do a PI alert and to communicate it to db sender administrators. There are another option like to store the data in a intermediate table, and so on but all possibilities that i can think now are not to enough good.

Regards.

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have any example of Sender JDBC adapter using Stored procedures ? any blog,links will be helpful for stored procedure JBDC sender .. thanks

Former Member

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can have a channel with just select query. in the Update SQL Statement put <TEST>

Since you are not updating the anything in the table, everytime the channel will reading from 0 row.

Regards

Osman