Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Before date is not showing in EWM Stock

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have activated Batch data transfer following the help document from SAP.

Activating Data Transfer for Batches in ERP and EWM - SAP Documentation    

My product is Shelf Life managed both ECC and EWM.

In ECC, when I create Inbound delivery, I select the line, click on 'Batch Creation' icon from the bottom. The pop up window asks for manufacturing date and country of origin. Based on the manufacturing date and product master SLED, system calculates Expiration Date. Thus the batch number becomes equipped with Expiration Date in ECC.

When the Inbound delivery is transferred to EWM, the same batch number appears in Inbound delivery and also in the stock field. However, the Expiration Date (or Best Before Date) never appears in the Inbound delivery in EWM or in the Stock record (based on what I see from Warehouse Monitor)

Can someone please help about what  I need to do to make the Best Before Date to appear in my Warehouse Monitor?

Thanks in advance,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I did CFM1 and CFM2 for both Classification and existing batches.

It's working fine now. System updates the classification data for the batch in EWM and also shows Expiration date in Warehouse Stock Monitor.

Thanks for your help

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your batch char is available in EWM.

then after that create one manual batch check does that batch have that details.

this will give some lead for you.

Regards

Suraj

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Thanks. What transaction code should I use to

1. Check if the batch characteristics is available in EWM

2. Create manual batch

Sorry, I am newbie in EWM

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

CT04 - Characteristics 

CL02 - Classes

/SCWM/WM_BATCH_MAINT - Maintain Batches for Product

Also check your batch organisation is in sync under customization.>>>Maintain Object Types and Class Types

Regards

Suraj

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Your help has been wonderful so far. I am getting there gradually.

I found the batch organization in both ECC and EWM are maintained as 'B'. However, when I ran the transaction /SCWM/WM_BATCH_MAINT and entered my product and external batch number, I found an Information icon with the following statement

'No Classification is possible for the object data'

Is this because I have not maintained classification data of my product master ?

Do I have to maintain that in order to display same BBD in EWM, when the inbound delivery is coming from ECC ?

Thanks,

Amit

iamhe7806
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Sorry I was wrong in the first place. I can see the characteristics in EWM, same as the one in ERP. They consist of standard LOBM characteristics

i.e. LOBM_ZUSTD, LOBM_HERKL and LOBM_HSDAT. I find values for each batch in EWM, under this characteristics.

My products in EWM are all SLED maintained.

But the Expiration Date column always shows blank in 'Stock Overview' when I run the Warehouse Monitor.

Any idea

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Check CT04 in EWM LOBM_VFDAT Description     Expiration date, shelf>> Is in EWM. If this char is not there cif this from erp under same org.

023 is for erp and 230 is for ewm.

Then Check customization.

Batch Management and Remaining Shelf Life Check in the Inbound Delivery. to create del and read notes allocated to same.

In conjunction with SLED functions in EWM, you will sometimes find the term best before date (BBD). BBD is basically a synonym for SLED. The two terms can best be explained by their different origin. BBD originally comes from the food industry, and SLED originally comes from the pharmaceutical industry.

Product master basic data in EWM>>

Specifying a required minimum shelf life affects the calculation of the latest delivery date of the stock, which is managed for shelf life. In the warehouse monitor, the latest delivery date for products that have a required minimum shelf life is calculated as the best before date minus the required minimum shelf life (otherwise, the latest delivery date is calculated as the best before date minus the product of

shelf life multiplied by the percent of remaining shelf life).

The EWM delivery transactions distinguish and provide two fields (one for BBD and one for SLED) — but there is no functional difference within EWM.

In the ERP and EWM material master, you can set up whether the expiration date should be handled as SLED or as BBD. the product is set up to use BBD (Min. Shelf Life checkbox). The other checkbox (Shelf Life) means that the expiration date is handled as a SLED.

Extended Warehouse Management • Cross-Process Settings • Batch Management • Make Setting for Delivery. The value is derived from the Minimum Remaining Shelf Life field of the General Plant Data/Storage 1 view of the ERP material master.

Regards

Suraj