cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will same flavor work even after enhancing ??

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I just have  a doubt, will the flavor which we create before enhancing a particular transaction , does it work after the enhancement is done. ? Or we have to do the process again. Can you guys give me some idea on this .

Thanks,

siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That depends on what you mean by "enhancing a transaction". Can you give more details?

Steve.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does he mean by flavor?

PeterSpielvogel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We use the term "flavor" to refer to a screen modified using SAP Screen Personas. These would generally be defined for specific roles. For example, for the display sales order (VA03) transaction, you might have a flavor for sales reps, another flavor for shipping clerks, and another for customer service.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, not used to the new jargon.

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi steve,

Enhancing a transaction is like adding additional functionality to a standard transaction . For example, After creating flavor for a particular transaction   lets say i have enhanced that transaction by adding additional functionality . will the enhanced part work in the same flavor that we had created before ?

Hope its clear now.

Thanks,

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you add extra screen components - fields, buttons, menus - then they should appear and work as expected when you view the transaction via an existing flavour. The new objects do not need to be added to existing flavours. If you add them to a part of the screen that the flavour hides, then of course they'll be hidden also.

Steve.

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve. That solves my question

Thanks

siva

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi steve,

Can you please solve my doubt on this topic Screen Personas: Error: Unexpected behavior has b...

Also , is it possible to change control settings (like changing button patterns , color for buttons ) for a particular flavor.

I checked type specific profile settings and changed settings for button , but its getting reflected in all the transaction for a user Even though i assigned Flavor to particular group  and assigned settings.

Is it possible to restrict for a particular flavor or group of flavor ??

Thanks,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think I can help with that problem. I was leaving it for the SAP guys to pick up and look at. If you don't get an answer here, I suggest creating an OSS message about it.

For the others, can you please post them as separate questions, rather than adding them to this one. That will make them easier to find for others having the same issues.

Thanks,

Steve.

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

ya sure steve . ill follow that

Thanks

siva

Answers (0)