cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira 1.17 Personal Edition install - Proxy settings issue

mark_livesley2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I downloaded the latest version (1.17) of SAP Lumira Personal Edition and successfully installed. On starting the application for the first time, the Registration window appeared displaying a message stating that an internet connection could not be established along with a link to the Network Settings to configure a proxy server. I entered some credentials and restarted the application, but unfortunately the Proxy settings I entered were incorrect. On re-starting the application the option to configure Proxy settings from the Registration window had disappeared. In it's place the following message is now showing:

‘Unable to contact the server. The website appears to be down. Try again later’

Continuing with the registration process led to a ‘Server Error’ message displaying in the Registration window and the only other option available was ‘Exit’, which closes the application.

I have uninstalled the software, rebooted and re-installed again several times, but each time the option to configure the Proxy settings fails to come back. I assume the details I originally input are being stored somewhere on my machine, but I do not know where. As a result of this problem, I cannot use the software as I am unable to progress past the Registration window due to not being able to re-configure the Proxy server settings.

Please can someone advise how I can resolve this issue as I have not found any SAP Notes relating to it? Presumably there is a file storing the Proxy settings I originally entered that needs deleting or editing. My operating system is Windows 7 Professional.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mark_livesley2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Issue Resolved!

After much trial and error and trawling the net, I have finally managed to get past the registration window and into the main application window.

I was baffled as to why I could not see the preferences folder that both Joe and Chris referred to in their replies - seems I didn't have it as a search in Windows Explorer was drawing a blank on that folder. I then searched SAP notes on term 'Lumira Desktop', viewing any that sounded like they may help.

Eventually I came across note 1963482 - 'SAP Lumira desktop does not run and does not give an error', which suggests modifying the SAPLumira.ini file to add a line for Duser.home to redirect the users home directory to C:\temp.

On performing a clean install and modifying the SAPLumira,ini, I tried launching Lumira again and this time the link to configure the Proxy in the Register Window showed again. By entering the correct proxy settings, this time I was able to register and access gain access to the main desktop window. Also, if I look in C:\temp, I can now see an instance of the sapvi directory, which contains the previously missing preferences folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Can you please post a snap shot of the .INI file, I am having trouble and im not able to solve it

Thanks

Kirthana

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

Let me tell you the steps I has Performed

1. Uninstall existing Lumira

2. Re-install again

3. Before Launching Lumira again,I opened the SAPLumira.ini file and added the line

-Duser.home =C:\temp

4.I tried launching the application and still the same error in red popped out

5. I tried Registering it , but Same Server Error

6. Exited the Application.

Please let me know if you had tried any other way!!1

Urgent Client Requirement

mark_livesley2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kirthana,

After I performed my uninstall via the Windows control panel, the sapvi folder was still present under the C:\Users\Public directory, so I manually deleted this before doing the re-install. I also checked the sapvi folder in C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Temp had been deleted (this location maybe different for on your machine). The following link describes how to prepare for a clean install and may help: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-51984. I also re-booted my machine before re-installing Lumira.

After the re-install, I modified the SAPLumira.ini file located in the application folder, which in my case was C:\Program Files\Sap Lumira\Desktop (i.e. the default install path unless you specify otherwise). I inserted the Duser.home entry just above the Dhilo.shared.dir.name attribute in the .ini file (see capture below). I then launched Lumira to find the option to configure the proxy setting via the Preferences was available again. I clicked the link and entered the correct proxy settings in the Network section and then was able to register (think I may have re-started the application for the proxy settings to take).

Hope this helps.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark,

I followed the clean install, installed again changed the .INI file and then when I launched Lumira

the Bright Red error still popped up

I entered the activation code, it showed activation successful for a brief 2 secs and again landed bak to the Registration page.

After which it said the same error "SERVER ERROR"

I have also raised an SAP ticket .

Any other suggestions??

Kirthana

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's not really recommended to play with the .ini file unless you've been instructed specifically by Tech Support and know what you are doing.

I'd recommend you focus your investigation through the SAP ticket.

regards,
H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

The behaviour suggests to me that the proxy settings are probably correct, but the website still cannot be contacted for some reason, because if the web cannot be contacted at all, the proxy settings page should be available. However, if you'd like to try editing the proxy settings, they are stored in your home user folder - for example, C:\Users\<username>\.sapvi\preferences\general.persistent, under the "autoUpdateHttpProxy", "autoUpdateHttpProxyPort", etc settings.

Thanks,

Joe

mark_livesley2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Joe.

I have located the sapvi folder under my user, but there is no preferences directory. I have the following folders: bwonline, cefcache, logs and sapvi.geo (and have show hidden folders enabled), but cannot see any files relating to proxy settings in any of them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, unfortunately I don't have any other easy suggestions, I'll have to refer you over to support as well.

Thanks,

Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark.

There are 2 sapvi folders that are installed when you download Lumira desktop. The one you found is under C/Drive > Users > Public if I am not mistaken. The one that contains the preference folder is located in the personal folder accessed from the Windows Start button.

Please let me know if this helps.

Chris

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark - I haven't seen this error, could you look at this document to see if it helps:

mark_livesley2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately, due to the presence of the 'Registration' window, I cannot get into the main window of the application to access the Network settings via the File menu. The only options I have are to register (which I cannot do as I require an Internet connection from Lumira) or to Cancel out of the window (closing the application entirely).

I have attached a screen shot of what I'm getting. On opening Lumira after the initial install, there was a link to access the network settings from the Registration window. Subsequent accessing of the application has resulted in the error displayed in the attached image (even after an uninstall, reboot and re-install procedure).