cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error M7044 posting goos issue (VL02N) - valuation type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We have a delivery (for a consignment fill-up) which we want to post goods issue.

But when i try to post goods issue i get the error "choose a valuation type" - M0744

But the item line has a valuation type "EIGEN"

Checking the material data - Accounting 1 for valuation type "EIGEN" all seems OK too...

I don't know what i shall do, to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance

Markus

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PedroBaez
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, Can you resolved this error?

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is batch Management active for your material ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes batch management is active.

the lign with the problem has batchnumber "0".

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

now go into MSC3N and check if your  batch 0 for material 215778 with has a valuation type inside, or if you have at all a batch with number 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

i checked and i have batch number and valuation type for material 215778 / batch 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

nevertheless MSC3N was the right way.

Debugging we foung out that somehow systems goes into the tables with entry batch number = EIGEN. (what should be the valuation type!?)

So i created batch EIGEN with valuation type EIGEN using MSC1N and now it works...

Solved - Thanks for your help

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can it be that you activated batch management somehow after already documents existed?

When SAP searches for batches with the valuation type, then it just means it does not know that the material is batch managed.

In case you activate split valuation without batch management then the valuation type becomes the batch (sounds silly, but this is how it is designed).