Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3D Visual Enterprise Generator

abhishek_gupta2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

My client want to pursue options in 3d Visualization .

If anyone has come across 3d Visual Enterprise generator , kindly let me know how to use this in PLM ?

Any important notes or integration steps would be immensely helpful .

Thanks ,

Abhishek.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Visual Enterprise Generator (VEG) can be implemented in two basic ways:

1. Standalone
  2. Integrated

In Standalone mode, VEG acts as its own graphics data repository.  Users (or systems) submit graphic data and textual data (usually XML) to VEG and VEG publishes it according to how VEG is configured.  Complete graphics, movies, PDF documents, etc would then be stored in VEG's repository and accessed through its web interface.  Alternatively, VEG could connect to external systems through a variety of methods and publish graphics or documents to those systems.

Integrated mode has two main use cases and they can be somewhat implemented together:

1. DMS Driven Integration
  2. Visual Data Integration (VDI)

The DMS driven integration is fully configurable through SPRO and triggers publishing based on changes to the DIR's.  OOTB triggers are based on status changes of the documents.  The system BADI's could be modified to capture other events such as attribute changes or changes to the underlying originals.  There is also a manual transaction that could be executed to initiate a publishing workflow.  Resulting graphic files are normally added as originals back on the source DIR's.  Extended workflows can be defined to publish work instructions, maintenace procedures, or any other type of product, plant, or process related documentation to other doc types to separate engineering data from downstream data.

The VDI workflow can be implemented when SAP PLM is not the CAD data management solution.  Foreign PLM systems can send messages to VEG telling it what files (graphics or XML) need to be processed and how to process them.  VEG would then take this information and create material masters, document info records, document structures, and the lightweight visualization files.  OOTB, the source CAD files are not stored in DMS.  The VDI workflow can be tailored to your environment and theorhetically be used by the DMS driven integration if desired.

Thats it in a nutshell.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  If I can't answer them, I can find someone who can.

Thanks,

Mark Landrosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos