cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error determining posting period(infostructure S008,Variant Z2,RC3) while creating Sales orders from Inbound IDOCS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting this Error message"error determining posting period(infostructure S008,Variant Z2,RC3)" while creating Sales order from Inbound Idocs in the IDOC,which is affecting sales order creation.

While viewing this Info structure S008, I could see no records have been maintained. Wanted to know the reasons behind this Hard error?

Is it something related to Date Field used in the Update Rules for this Infostructure which is causing this posting period error?

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We had a similar error with reference to another info structure, but cause is the same most likely. We maintain the fiscal year variants only for 1 year ahead, but by mistake a customer sent us an IDoc with delivery date somewhere far in the future (like 2024). Take a look at the dates in the IDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jelena,I checked the Ship. Delivery dates in the IDOC which are for Current Fiscal Year- 20140703 and 20140711,Could there be any other reason for this error?

Could it be an issue with e Update rule in this Infostructire S008

Secondly when we try change the update rule thru MC25 for this Infostructure S008,It gives a message"

"Maintenance of SAP standard updates not allowed"

Kindly advice

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the following notes:-

• Note 191575 - Error in posting period determination (M2012)
  • Note 442174 - Change of fiscal year variant in scheduling agreement

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Lakshmipathi,Note 191575 seems closest to the problem but could not understand the solution .

What do you feel needs to be done to fix this issue as the above note.

Thanks and Regards

Mohammed Roshan

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The control is in OB29.  Ask your FI consultant to maintain the required Fiscal Year variant, if need be. 

G. Lakshmipathi