cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup processing messages "one by one" in PI SingleStack (not EOIO)

christianpete
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working on a PI SingleStack (7.31)

I have a special scenario where I need to "assign" a specific "sender + receiver"  to one processing queue.

Sort of EOIO processing - but I don't want the process to stop if one of the messages fails.

Just want to ensure processing of messages "one at a time".

I can't use queue prio feature because this does not ensure "one at a time".

In PI DualStack this can be setup in SXMB_ADM - but I can't find out where to set this up in PI SingleStack.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks

Br. Christian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

what adapters do you need to use? In case of IDoc Receiver you may want to have a look at ALE serialization.

Cheers

Jens

christianpete
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Sender adapter is File and receiver is SOAP (XI 3.0 message protocol ==> Abap Proxy)

Br.

VChristian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Not sure what's the objective of ur requirement, but what u can do is u can use max receiver parameter as 1 per interface provided u are using PI version > 7.31 SP11.

Note - Max receiver parameter is applicable per node, so if in case u have multiple cluster nodes environment then ur interface will be executed parallely (max receiver parameter * no of nodes = parallel execution of interface) and not one by one.

And in addition to that, in target system u can use interface dependent queues and define number of receiver queue as 1 - check dependency section

1802294 - XI Runtime: Interface-dependent receiver queue  

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

christianpete
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason for the need of "serializing" the messages from this specific sender to this specific reveiver is to avoid any parallel processing in PI and at receiver side, causing too heavy load and causing  locking problems in the receiver due to the fact that lot of messages update the same object at receiver end and a lot of messages send.

I'm not sure I fully understand the use of "max receiver parameter".

Br.

Christian

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you tell how to setup this in SXMB_ADM?

christianpete
Explorer
0 Kudos

1. Configure Sender/Receiver ID where if and ns has value '*'

2. Entegration Engine Configuration ==> Category TUNING ==> Have a look at doku for EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL_SENDER and EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL to see how to do setup.