cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to JDBC to RFC sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Anyone have any link for RFC to JDBC to RFC sync scenario step by step?

(For reverse one means JDBC to RFC to JDBC used RRBEANS configuration in sender jdbc channel and created one receiver JDBC channel.)

What should I do for the same?

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Arthita 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Arthita,

I dont know what you want to mean with RRBEANS. If you wan to do async/sync scenario you have this example http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=69331

. The example is FILE (async) - RFC (sync) - FILE (async), if you need a RFC (async) - JDBC (sync) - RFC (async) you can check the configuration of that example because the unique change are the adapters but the RequestResponseBean and so on usage is the same.

If the source and target RFC is the same you could do a direct RFC - JDBC scenario.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes , I'm talking about  RequestResponseBean.

Suppose I'm using one RFC .What do you mean direct RFC-JDBC scenario?without RequestResponseBean?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthitha

When you say RFC to JDBC to RFC. Do you have 2 different RFC's or one RFC(Req/Res)?

Anyways, your requirement can be achieved by the blog mentioned by above

Regards

Osman

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arhita,

I want to mean if your are using the same RFC for the sender and the receiver you dont need any bridge (RequestResponseBean) because the RFC can be synchronous and you can link it with the jdbc in a scenario with only two service interfaces a RFC - JDBC.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki Vila,

Thanks !!

I have some query..

1. Suppose I'm using tow different RFC for above scenario. For that need to            use RequestResponseBean. But how I configure that? Need to create 1 RFC sender channel and 2 JDBC Channel (One Reveiver and One Sender)?

3. Where I need to configure the RRBEANS ? In which channel?

2. Is it applicable for reverse scenario?

Suppose JDBC is sender and I'm using one RFC. For that also no need to use any bridge                    (RequestResponseBean) ?

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Arthita

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Arhita,

1. Suppose I'm using tow different RFC for above scenario. For that need to            use RequestResponseBean. But how I configure that? Need to create 1 RFC sender channel and 2 JDBC Channel (One Reveiver and One Sender)?

No, you will need three channels, one for the sender RFC, one for the sync JDBC and one for the receiver RFC.

3. Where I need to configure the RRBEANS ? In which channel?

In the RFC sender channel, the first channel to be used. You can check it in the wiki that i mentioned above.

2. Is it applicable for reverse scenario?

Suppose JDBC is sender and I'm using one RFC. For that also no need to use any bridge                    (RequestResponseBean) ?

If you want to take the data from DB source and to pass to an ECC system via RFC you wont need any bridge, you can do a normal async scenario JDBC - RFC.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki Vila,

2. Where I need to configure the RRBEANS ? In which channel?

In the RFC sender channel, the first channel to be used. You can check it in the wiki that i mentioned above.

Could you please provide the wiki link for the same?it ll be very helpful.

3. Is it applicable for reverse scenario?

Suppose JDBC is sender and I'm using one RFC. For that also no need to use any bridge (RequestResponseBean) ?

If you want to take the data from DB source and to pass to an ECC system via RFC you wont need any bridge, you can do a normal async scenario JDBC - RFC.

I'm asking for JDBC - RFC sync scenario where I'm using one RFC.

Thanks,

Arthita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthitha

Could you please provide the wiki link for the same?it ll be very helpful.

Inaki has provide this link in earlier reply, check Step 3 in ID Configuration in the link.

File-RFC-File(Without BPM) - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

I'm asking for JDBC - RFC sync scenario where I'm using one RFC.

Again, check the same link, it shows the scenario FILE --> RFC --> FILE

You just have to replace the file adapter with JDBC

Regards

Osman