Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IdM Script on Linux

former_member190695
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to update an existing IdM installation running on Oracle 11 and RedHat linux.

I am using the default scripts (.sh) available with SP09 but nothing is happening.

I have amended include.sql to meet the database configuration but the script will connect and disconnect immediately.

Do I need to amend the standard scripts (.sh)?

Anyone an idea why this is happening?

Many thanks!

Regards,

Ridouan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Ridouan,

Two things come to mind:

1. Check file and folder permissions.  They are tricky in LINUX. Make sure you have the permission to execute files and that you have permission to write, change, and delete not only in the IDM folder, but also in the Oracle Folders.  (Never a bad thing to have a DBA at the ready when doing this)

2. Check the Oracle Permissions on the user, again you'll probably need a dba.

3. Re check your INCLUDE.SQL

4. It happens on occasion, check your firewall settings, make sure the Oracle ports (1521/1527?) are not blocked.

Good luck!

Matt

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A good way to rule out or test linux scripts is to log into the system as that user (sudo) and run the script; the system will return an error from your CLi if you have an issue with file perms.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its been a while since I messed about in Unix, but you're running mxmc-update.sh right?

Does it print :

*** Updating <your prefix>_db

?

After this point everything should be logged to mxmc-update.log so check it (and attach here if its content is not clear).

Br,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you seeing any error in your IDM job log? Sometimes that can provide a clue as well.