Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top down Distribution COPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I got below requirement for my client.

They are mainly in warehouse business. They have created each warehouse as storage locations (storage location created as cost center) and they have more than 200 storage locations across India. In each warehouse they have 6 different business lines... i.e Warehouse, Trading and Distribution...

Here Business line, we consider as a Product group...

Our client will charge the amount to their customers for using these warehouses and this our client main revenue. So one warehouse/storage location can be used by the multiple customers for multiple Business lines...

Now our client requirement is they want to analyze the expenses spent on with combination of customer and Product Group...

During the month common expenses i.e. Manpower and warehouse expenses.. (except few expenses i.e. rent) booked against storage location cost center and in the month end they want to allocate the all common expenses from storage location cot center to the customer and product group...

For this i have 2 options..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option-1

COPA assessment

If i want to use COPA assessment, i have to create more than 200 segments under one cycle as we have more than 200 storage location cost centers.

or i have to split this into few cycles..

here my doubt is if i use these many segments in one cycle, it will take more running time and it will lead to performance issue..

Option-2

Top-Down Distribution

I can directly post to PSG characteristic i.e. cost center/storage location and from their i can distribute from storage location to customer and product group..

I need your help to decide which option is best and if i need use Top-down distribution can some one help me on how to do it in Top-down distribution step by step...