cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone, Launchpad login error: browser not supported

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use the following link to log on SAP Fiori on iPhone. However, at the logon page for SAP NetWeaver, an error states "You are calling the Web Site with a browser that is not supported".

http://<host>.<domain>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/Fiorilaunchpad.html?sap-client=<client>&sap-language=EN

What is the URL link for Fiori Launchpad on iPhone and iPad?

Best regards,

ts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm getting the same error if I try to login via SAP Fiori Client App from itunes. @Arul I think there is an  WebView / InAppBrowser inside the App to display the launchpad.

But: It seems the problem is with the login page, I have 2 different ones, one standard netweaver login for my standard user login ( http://<host>.<domain>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ushell/shells/abap/Fiorilaunchpad.html)  and a better, ui5 look and feel, Login for the admin (http://<host>.<domain>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/arsrvc_upb_admn/main.html )

And if I enter the admin url into the Fiori Client app I can login from my iPhone. So this works obviously. So is it a customizing problem with the login page?

Did anyone found a solution? We might just need to change the login page.

Cheers,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution for our System:

transaction SICF->/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/ --> Error Pages-->logon errors-->Configuration-->define service specific settings --> select custom impl.

-->insert default client since there is no input field for the client

--> insert /UI2/CL_SRA_LOGIN as ABAP Class

--> save the stuff, done ... well, at least it worked for us

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also getting the same error when trying from SAP Fiori client app on iPhone. The error message is mis-leading since it is the SAP Fiori client app and there is no browser involved in the client app scenario. It works fine on both Safari and Chrome browsers on the same iPhone. Probably the error message is a generic one but need to find what causes the error message to be thrown. Please let me know if anyone got beyond this error message to make SAP Fiori client app work on iPhone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I m having the same issue, when launching App I get "Browser not support error". Which is strange because I m not launching the app from browser. Any one have solution for this ?

Thanks

DP.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ts,

What is your browser version and SAPUI5 library version?

Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+P.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for your reply. I download the SAP Fiori from iTunes and enter the said URL above. While log on the SAP Fiori app on iPhone, the error occurs.

Best regards,

ts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Thank you for your reply. The version is 1.20.1

Regards,

ts

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ts,

I think you are talking about "SAP Fiori Client".

Was it error or warning?

Do you get same error when you access to launchpad from Safari browser on iPhone?

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's an error which occur when I log on the SAP Fiori Client on iPhone. The error does not exist while using launchpad on Safari for iPhone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Masa,

I'm having the same issue.  I can access on iPhone via Safari browser but cannot from the SAP Fiori App. 

It seems that once I login I get another pop--up asking for username & PW.  When I cancel out of the pop-up (entering the password only loops the pop-up), it displays my tiles as expected.

It appears there is no pop-up functionality enabled in the SAP Fiori App and therefore I cannot get past the spinning flower.    

Please advise,

Jasen