cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Assets Conversion process from live SAP plants to new Co.Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I'm totally new to Fixed Assets area and got a responsibility to work on this small project with my other tasks and responsibilities

I want to work on total Fixed Assets Conversion process from two live plants to newly formed company code.  Can you please explain A to Z process needs to be followed to complete this FA conversion into New Company Code.

Scenario -

Two Live SAP Plants - From Old Company Code

Plant AB

Plant AC

Requirement  - Fixed Assets Conversion into New Two Plants ( for plant AB and AC) under new company code

New Company Code 1234

New Plants for Co.Code 1234 (Non Live plants)

BB

CB

Any possible help/guidance would be highly appreciated in order to complete the task successfully. I'll surely try to map the process to maintain proper documentation for future reference.

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,

Suvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Please go through with the link, it might help you. If it will help you please assign point to me.

Basics of Asset Accounting - Asset Transfer (Intercompany) - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Thank you so much for responding my question on Fixed Assets here . I opsonize for late response.  Your document on FA is very nice and I'm aware of this process.  🙂

However, I'm having issue by following same process for Intercompany Asset Transfer. The asset got posted successfully, however this FA transfer is trying to post all  of the current YTD depreciation expense for 2014 in the month of July.  I am not sure if I can change that.

Please advise if you can on how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Suvi

0 Kudos

Hi Suvi,

Which date you have define in assets transfer parameter Path-> Spro->IMG-<FiN.Acc->asset accounting->asset data transfer->parameters for data transfers->date specifications->specify transfer date/last closed fiscal year

Are you mean to say its calculated dep. till dec'14.

Regards

Chandan Bhatnagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Again, thanks for so prompt response here.

For the asset I created, SAP is posting the full year (2014) of depreciation in the month  I transfer
the asset ( that was July month). 

Now I'm not sure on when this happens, is that balance all going to depreciation expense or accumulated depreciation?  If it is going to accumulated depreciation, then I think it’s ok.

I just want to make sure that when we refer the asset to the new company code it doesn’t post the 2014 YTD depreciation in the expense account.  If this occurs, we will have a big mess trying to get the expense buckets correct for the year.  If you know valuable input on that  piece and let me know.

In the date Specifications - Transfer date/Las Closed Fiscal year , I checked the configuration and its as below.

For the co.Code I'm transferring from - 09/30/2011 ( Take-over date)

For the Co.Code I'm transferring into - 12/31/2013 (Take-over date)

Thanks in advance .

R
egards,

Suvi

0 Kudos

Hi Suvi,

As per my understanding if you are going to create assets in month of july, 2014 fiscal year and when you will run depreciation it should calculate depreciation till month of July(Jan- July). It will take accumulated depreciation from last year fiscal year.

Thanks

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

First of all really appreciate all these responses from you time to time.

I’m checking on validation to see if this transferred asset is posting depreciation for whole year in the month of July, 2014 or until July, 2014 ( Jan- July) .

Do you suggest an easy way to check on this validation ?  Are you not able to see from the screen shot I sent earlier?  It may sound very basic question, but I’ve very limited knowledge on the Fixed Assets.

From the below screen shots , it seems like dep is getting posted July onwards. since the transferred done in the month of July. Please advise.

Answers (0)