cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying Row level restrictions on a Table and Contexts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

Here I have a question in applying the row level restrictions on a columns.

Let me explain some more about the same,....

I am working on Designer ( SAP BO XI3.1)

In my universe, I have 6 Contexts , I have one main table in each context and I want to apply row level restriction on a column from each table involved in the context.

When I am doing this only I am able to add the restriction on only one table from a context. and the rest other contexts are missing.

here I want to apply the restrictions on all 6 tables in a single restriction to the group.

Please help me on this....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if you are applying row level restrictions on each tables that are being used in universe then u must be adding all the context in your webi reports.

So I think you need to add tables and apply where condition on each tables and your restriction will work.

I will create one demo universe and try to apply the same and revert you asap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

Even I tried in the same way

I have added all my tables and defined the respective contexts and then added the row level restriction by defining where clause on each table and the restrictions were applied successfully.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is to create a self-restricting join on each table and include them in the appropriate contexts.

Another may be predefined conditions applied at a class level if you arrange your objects accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in row level restriction you can have multiple tables each with different where clause.

Also if you can create a view/derived table with where condition you can use table mapping to swap the original tables to new view/derived table.

Thanks