Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table /sapapo/posmapn

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am seeing 48,000,000 entries in this table. Can somebody tell me what is the impact of this on the system performance? Also what is the number of entries that you guys see, if possible?

Thanks,

Subash Nanjangud

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Subhash,

Please do a SCN search before posting a query.There are many threads available related to similar queries.Please have a look at it.

JFYI

Regards,

Kannan

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kannan,

i did search but could not find any with the specific number of entrie.

Subash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Subash,

Can somebody tell me what is the impact of this on the system performance?

????  The impact on the system performance is that the system has to manage 48M records.  If you have a volume of orders in your system that requires 48M records in this table, the only performance question you must answer is "do I have enough hardware to support the business requirements".

If I were in your position, the question I would be asking myself would instead be "do I need all 48M records?"  If you don't, then what steps are you taking to reorganize this table?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member182607
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks DB for your input. We started the deletion yesterday and we are down to 15 million. Our intention is to keep it around 2-3 months only. Even that may be too much for our business but we will decide soon.

also thanks for being polite.

Subash

Answers (0)