cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party GRN Posting Date to be Copied to Sales Order Line item Billing Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have a client requirement where in they want to bill line items in the sales order ( third party process ) to the end customer in sync with the GRN posting dates happened in the PO

For EG if GRN happened on 1st July 2014 then Billing Date should come in as 31st July 2014 so when they execute VF04 giving from and to dates as 1st july to 31st corresponding sales order can be invoiced

Actual problem is for suppose if i create a sales order in the month of june say 26th basing on the factory calendar setting and invoicing list maintained in the customer master system defaults the billing date to 30th June 2014 , and the same when user runs VF04 from 1st June to 30th June this sales order shows as due and mistakenly end user invoices the customer ( whereas logical GR would have only received in July 1st )

My requirement is similar to below threads but i am unable to find answer how to copy GR Posting date to Billing Date of the sales order line item

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to try with USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE in the program RV60AFZC where you can do coding for the logic to be achieved.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input, will check with my Abaper on this and shall keep posted on the solution driven

Regards,

Hiba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi ji,

As my requirement is to update the billing date at the sales order line item level , As a process user goes in executes VF04

For Ex

Sales Order Created Date is 1st June 2014 then System Defaults Billing Date at line item to 30th June 2014

Now when i do GRN suppose on 1st July 2014 for that line item , system should trigger a code where in check the posting date of the GRN and override the same in the Biiling Date field of the sales order line item

So when VF04 is run for a month All the GRN which are recieved in the month of July are invoiced in July

Please share me your thoughts do we need to check any userexits from MM side which reads the posting date of GRN and then copies in to my third party sales order

Regards

Hiba

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if you check Tran code: VTFA.

Do check Data Transfer Routine No: 11.

I'm certain, you can build from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

Could you please elaborate on VTFA

As i have the IC -ZTAS which is Billing relevance marked as B and the sales order come in VF04 due list as soon GRN is done for the corresponding line item

How do i place a logic in copying requirements functionally where in system can keep the billing date range from and to in vf04 sync with the Goods Receipt date ( Posting date ) of the sales order line item

What will be the challenges if any just in case if we go ahead with this option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

Please let me know if there are any other ideas to implement the above approach

Regards

Hiba