cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribution channels deviate from each other.70 /or 10 (reference), Message no. V2011

0 Kudos

I have a problem when create the "Credit memo request" doc. type CR, reference doc. is billing doc. and my sales doc. that i did the billing doc. sales area is 2100/10/71 and i have to create cr doc with reference to billing doc. and sales area should be 2100/70/99 but while i creating cr doc. with reference to billing doc. system gives error distribution channel deviate from each other 70./or 10 (reference).

I have seen the early post but there where no proper solution on it.

please provide me solution i have to create cr doc. with reference to billing doc. and simply meaning with different distribution channel and division from preceding doc.

Thanks

Regards,

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RicardoCirilo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi man,

The thing is that the credit memo with reference is precisely affect the balance of the Customer - Sales Area, imagine a Report by Sales Area saying the total Sales Amount of the Sales Area is 1 million, but then you turn to another sales area and discover that the same customers have credit notes for 1.5 million, insane. The purpose of referencing the credit/debit memos is that, not to lose track, including Sales Areas. Otherwise make no sense to create it with reference, just create a Credit Memo with the customer you want to affect in the sales area you want to affect, no reference. For audit purposes justify the document based on REASON FIELDS and approvals, let me explain this a little more:

One single person CANNOT create Credit Memos, cos this could lead to wrong ethical behavior, to avoid this some companies recommend to have more than one person involved in the process of Credit notes creation, what I've done on this situation is: provide access to one person to CREATE Credit/Debit memos using the standard transaction VA01, in the settings of the Sales Order Type I customize that the document will be created automatically blocked for billing (can use a UserExt to always have this field populated on the creation). This person WONT have access to modify Credit/Debit notes (VA02) but his supervisor will and this supervisor is responsible to approve and modify the blocking field to release the doc for billing. Yes, he can also change the amount but you will already have the log of changes in place for audit purposes.

This is more than a technical issue, a process issue. My kind suggestion is to challenge the business and get clearly why they want to have a referenced Credit Memo without using the Sales Area of the based Billing Doc.

Hope it helps...

Saludos!

Ricardo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the necessity to create a credit memo from a billing document where the Distribution Channel and Division are different.  Not possible to achieve this.  SAP's explanation for this error is as under which is self explanatory.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Earlier process was, Cr doc. used for cash discount purpose

If we have to give cash discount to any customer simply user create sales order type cr with sales area 2100/70/99 and material was non- valuated and after that creates credit memo (BILLING DOC.), this is the earlier process but now we have some audit and after that we did it cr doc. reference must be compulsory but preceding doc. distribution channel and div not same. and company doest matter on this they need whatever the preceding doc. dis. channel and div. they need dis.channel 10 and div 99, is it possible in SAP if yes provide me the solution

if you have different process always welcome.

Regards,

Abhijeet

RicardoCirilo
Participant
0 Kudos

VOR1 maybe?

Regards

Ricardo

0 Kudos

Mr. Ricardo i checked there thats ok..but still did not get answer