Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection to Solution Manager

claude
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need your knowledge about Solution Manager.

My Request:

I would like to make a connection to Solution Manager, is anyone can help me to do this connection, Is it possible to have or to know what information I can enter to go on the next .

Attach a Snapshot to see what I need.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Claude

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claude,

just finishing connection PowerDesigner (16.5) <-> SOLMAN  (7.1 SP08). So you will need:

1. Application server (address you can get from SAPGui):

2. Port number - you will need support from your Basis colleagues

3. User ID and Password to access SOLMAN

4. Importing structure from SOLMAN:

a, create new model:

b. change your model language to SOLMAN:

c. this will open possibility to import or export from/to SOLMAN in menu "Language":

d. choosing "Update..." will start Wizard where you will need your data from the beginning:

e. choose a project, processes and import it.

Hopefully helps 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Palat!

I'm trying to do the same, but I'm stucked. I can't find the SAP ID to do my process import from Solution Manager. When I click on the link, I get an error message:

Can you help me, please?

PS: Please see the screenshot attached.

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

sorry, I can't help you, because we do not have any such field. Check versions of you software.

Jiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jiri!

When you edit this connection, this field is not shown?

I'm testing this tool, so I created a process manually on Solution Manager. Then I tried to upload the process from Solution Manager to PowerDesigner.

I can't do this, because of this "Context (Package ID)". Now I'm stuck on this step.

When I try to open the link I'm redirected, I get an error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

sorry, but we don't use this connection SOLMAN <-> PowerDesigner anymore, so I am not able to reproduce this situation, but as you can see on the picture from my previous answer, there was no such field.

Jiri

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm assuming Business Blueprint and SoCo are installed in your system?

If so, please check, that you have permissions to all the needed transactions/components. You can check that using ST01 in SolMan. You have probably a role ZSAP_SOL_PROJ_ADMIN_ALL in the system, so add the missing permissions there.

The most importatn are:

/SOCO/FABF

S_SERVICE

S_USER_PRO

Please also check your usear has the proper BPM roles assigned in SolMan

Regards,
Rafal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme!

I am facing the same problem.

Did you solve it?

Kind Regards.

Valdecir
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Guilherme,

If PowerDesigner is unable to obtain the default context (package ID) for the Solution Manager server, theContext (package ID) field will be displayed. If you do not know the ID, click the field name to go to the Business Process Blueprinting page on your server, and then click the configuration file download link for the selected Solution Manager Related Package, open the text file, and copy the ID from it.

It is important to say that having the Business Process Blueprinting Tool installed on your Solution Manager before you try to create this connection between PD and SM.

Regards

Valdecir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"context(Package ID)" field was displayed in old version, user should input manually, Jiri is using the new version, which is hidden in property page, because the Context can get automatically.

So, if you don't want to upgrade, click the link "context (Package ID)", it will open web page, to download configuration file, open it, there is Package ID.

Best Regrard,

Lucy

Answers (0)