cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock transfer of QM stock thereby creating a new batch number

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have searched for this content but didn't get content which match my requirement.

My client has placed a requirement.When they receive a material against a purchase order through movement type 101 they receive it to quality inspection stock.After quality inspection this material is taken to unrestricted area through movement type 321.

Now after this material comes to unrestricted area,this material is again subject to quality inspection.Quality testing is done after a particular period.

Next quality testing date is calculated based on this formula:-321 movement type posting date + quality inspection interval days maintained in material master.

i.e:-If for a material 321 movement type is 16th July 2014 & if quality inspection interval days for that material is maintained as 365 days then next quality inspection of that material will be after a year.

Now client has placed a requirement when this material comes to quality testing,15 days prior to quality testing this material should move to quality inspection area from the present unrestricted area thereby generating new batch number for that material.

This changes the client will view in MMBE.

Gurus Please help as I'm new to QM.

Kind regards,

Pradeesh.P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeesh,

For moving material 15 days prior to inspection date you need to maintain "Initial run in days" in QA07 as 15.

And, as Sreenath has already stated, you cant create a new batch at the time of recurring inspection lot creation.

Amol.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible,you cannot generate a new batch number through recurring inspection.

If you require a new batch number then during stock posting in UD you post it to new material,in your

case this will be the same materiaal and you give new batch number.

In this way a batch material has come for inspection and after inspecting it you are changing the

batch number of the material.

CSN